MENA E-Commerce: Executive Summary
An executive summary of the e-commerce landscape in the MENA region, specifically the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Egypt, is provided in the attached Google document.
- MENA, excluding Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Egypt, is expected to grow 26% per year until 2022. From 2014-2017, the same region grew at a rate of 13% per year.
- E-commerce pure players account for 90% of the e-commerce market in MENA, with omni-channel players having a much smaller role.
- Souq, which was acquired by Amazon in 2017, is a big player in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Egypt.
- The UAE, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia are all expected to see double digit growth in e-commerce over the next few years.
- E-commerce pure players in MENA include Souk, Noon, Awok, Amazon, Boohoo, The Outnet, FarFetch, and Jollychic, while some important omni-channel players are Lulu Warehouse, Jumbo, Marks & Spencer, H&M, Level Shoes, Sephora, and MAC Cosmetics.