CPAP Mask Market Size: United States
The size of the US CPAP Masks market is estimated to be $569.2 million.
Market Overview & Size
- By type, the continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) Masks market is divided into "Nasal Pillow Mask, Nasal Masks, Full Face Mask, etc." It is divided by size into Small Face and Wide Mask.
- By application, this market is divided into Hospitals & Clinics, Home Care, etc.
- The global CPAP Mask market is divided into several regions, including North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, South America, and the Middle East and Africa.
- The rising number of sleep apnea patients, increasing demand for CPAP machines, and growing advancements of CPAP machines and masks' technology and structural characteristics are significant drivers of the CPAP Masks market.
- The estimated size of the US CPAP Masks market is $569.2 million.
To determine the size of the US CPAP Masks market in terms of revenue and the number of units, we examined several industry reports from MarketWatch, PR Newswire, GlobeNewswire, Markets Insider, and Marketquest.biz, among others. However, we only found global information in terms of revenue.
While some reports indicated that sales and regional values were available, they were behind a paywall. As such, we could not compute the data. We then resorted to triangulating the data since we already had the global value, as provided below.
We used an article beyond Wonder's standard two-year timeframe for sources as it provided us with relevant data for an earlier period.
Assumptions & Calculations
- The 2020 Global CPAP Masks market size = $2,020.8 million.
- North America held the largest share of this market in 2018. However, the available reports did not disclose the market share. North America also represented the largest market share for the larger CPAP Devices market at around 35%. We then assumed the percentage to be the same for the Global CPAP Masks market since it is a segment of the CPAP Devices market.
- Using this assumption, the 2020 CPAP Masks market size in North America = 2020 Global CPAP Masks market size x the market share of North America.
- Thus, the 2020 CPAP Masks market size in North America = $2020.8 million x 35% = $707.28 million.
- The sleep apnea devices market comprises around 50% of the CPAP Devices market globally. It is a major driver of the Global CPAP Masks market. As such, we used this market as a proxy to determine the US market share of the 2020 CPAP Masks market in North America.
- The US has the largest share of the CPAP Devices market in North America and globally due to the high awareness level of sleep apnea patients. Assuming the US CPAP Masks market mirrors the same market share of the Sleep Apnea Devices market in North America, we can determine its market size.
- In 2013, the US held 92.2% of the North American Sleep Apnea Devices market. However, in 2017, the size of the US Sleep Apnea Devices market was $2.6 billion, and North America comprised 51.5% of the global market valued at $5.9 billion. Thus, the size of the North American Sleep Apnea Devices market in 2017 was $5.9 billion x 51.5% = $3.04 billion. Similarly, the US market share in 2017 = ($2.6 billion / $3.04 billion) x 100% = 85.5%
- To obtain the annual growth rate, we computed the market shares in 2013 and 2017 over the four years from 2013 to 2017, i.e., (92.2% — 85.5%) / 4 = 6.7% / 4 = 1.675%.
- Thus, the US market share in 2020 would be the 2017 market share — (3 x annual growth rate) = 85.5% — (3 x 1.675%) = 85.5% — 5.025% = 80.48% in 2020.
- Assuming this market share, the 2020 US CPAP Masks market size = 2020 US CPAP Masks market share x 2020 CPAP Masks market size in North America.