YouTube Expressions: US
The ten most popular topics on which US YouTubers post videos include Educational & Animations, Music & Dance Performance, Video Game, Entertainment, News & Politics, People & Blogs, Home & DIY, Funny Animals, Food & Drinks, and Makeup/Beauty Tutorials.
In order to identify the ten most popular topics, we commenced our search by examining YouTube. We tried to look for popular topics by using YouTube's search tool. However, the search proved to be narrow and did not provide information on how many YouTubers posted videos under the same genre or topics. Following this, we used a website called Keyword.io, which provides a comprehensive list of highly relevant keyword suggestions for a particular platform. This search attempt only provided the list of keywords used by most people.
As our second attempt, we searched for articles pertaining to the most popular topics on YouTube. Influencer Marketing Hub, MediaKix, and Lifewire are some of the sources we looked into. However, this search proved to be futile as, we did not find any relevant information.
Finally, we used a website called Tubular to identify the required information. We obtained the data by creating an account on the website to gain partial access to their content. The website revealed the top channels on YouTube, based on their genre. So, we took the top viewed channels into account, identified their genre, and ranked them based on their views to find the ten most popular topics US YouTubers post videos. Since this was the only available information on the public domain, we were unable to determine the most popular topics based on the total number of unique users posting on that particular topic.
Ten most popular topics the u.s. youtubers post videos
1. Educational & Animations — 2,789,835,241 views
2. Music & Dance Performance — 786,256,549 views
3. Video Game — 340,782,826
4. Entertainment — 253,575,433
5. News & Politics — 241,498,840 views
6. People & Blogs — 223,078,281
7. Home & DIY — 192,191,576 views
8. Funny Animals — 176,063,214 views
9. Food & Drinks — 136,051,474 views
10. Makeup/Beauty Tutorials — 105,553,950 views
- The total number of people who use YouTube is 1,325,000,000.
- Total number of hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute is 300.
- Total Number of videos that are viewed on YouTube every day is 4,950,000,000.
- The average number of mobile YouTube videos every day is 1,000,000,000.
- 6 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV.
- 8 out of 10 people between the age of 18 and 49 watch YouTube in an average month.
- On mobile alone, YouTube reaches more number of people between the age of 18 and 49 than any other broadcast or cable television network.
- The time people spend watching YouTube on a television has doubled in just a year.
- Two out of three viewers say they watch YouTube on a TV screen.
- Watching YouTube on TV screen peaks around prime time, just like TV content.
- Watch time of YouTube on TV peaks during weekend.
- YouTube is the world's second most popular social platform.