Youth Focused Organizations - Generation Citizen, Peace First, Deca, TedEd
Generation Citizen, Peace First, DECA and Ted-Ed are the youth organizations that are working in the educational sector for the development youths all over the world. Most of the information about these organizations are available in their website. The detailed comparison of these organizations as requested is provided in columns C-F of the attached spreadsheet.
1. Generation Citizen, Peace First, DECA and Ted-Ed are all youth organizations focused on students all over the world.
2. Generation Citizen provides action civil education to young students whereas Peace First focuses on education for peace.
3. DECA provides consultation and education programs for career development whereas Ted-Ed is web-based international education platform with the network of around 250,000 teachers all over the world.
4. Generation Citizen currently provides "Action Civics education" to 10,000 students per year and plans to teach 30,000 students a year by 2020.
5. DECA is the only organization with any cost to the student. Basic cost for the program is $8 for everyone and there is an additional cost of $6-$42 as per state.
6. There is no mention of program costs on the website and annual report of Generation Citizen. Therefore, it is indicated as N/A in the spreadsheet.
7. Peace First primarily focuses on young people aged 13-18 but is open to people under 25 anywhere in the world. DECA, Generation Citizen and TED-Ed target the students below 18 years of age.
8. All these organizations generate their revenue basically from foundations. Some other sources of revenue include individuals, corporate, program services, government revenue and events.
The detailed comparison about the mission, size, target audience, revenue model, outcomes, and target unit of the youth organizations; Generation Citizen, Peace First, DECA, Ted-Ed is provided in column C-F of the attached spreadsheet.