WOW! Cable Company Overview
WOW! started in 1996 and has grown to serve 19 markets in the Southeast and Midwest regions of the USA. The company has seven c-suite executives and has an annual estimated revenue of $1.2 billion. TDA_Boulder is the company's agency of record, helping to modernize and brand its advertising and marketing initiatives.
- WOW! Cable, or known in full as WideOpenWest, first started in 1996, in Denver, Colorado. The company operates on four principles, including integrity, respect, spirit of service, and accountability.
- Initially, the company set out to deliver cable TV services in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. However, they grew steadily by adding other related services needed by customers, including high-speed internet, HDTV, digital cable, DVRs, as well as local and long-distance phone services.
- In 2012, WOW! bought Knology, Inc., using the opportunity to launch its services to customers in Alabama, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, South Dakota, Kansas, Iowa, and Minnesota. The company has a reputation for listening to the needs of customers, using that feedback to offer new services that have driven its growth.
- The only fundraising event by WOW! was in a December 2015 Private Equity round that brought in $125 million.
- In May 2017, the company registered its IPO on the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE, opening with $17.00 per share.
- As of 2018, WOW! served a total of 19 markets primarily in the Southeast and Midwest regions of the USA, including Illinois, South Carolina, Maryland, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, and Georgia.
- Avista Capital Partners privately owns the company, and its corporate office remains in Denver, Colorado.
- WOW! has seven executives on its c-suite.
- Teresa Elder serves as the company's Chief Executive Officer, helping to create new businesses and bring people together and aligned with WOW's combination of customer focus, technological leadership, and a workplace culture favorable to employees. Before joining WOW, Teresa held leadership positions at significant companies such as Clearwire (now Sprint), AT&T Broadband (now Comcast), and others.
- Rich Fish is the Chief Financial Officer at WOW! He joined in January 2013 to oversee the financial, business development, and operational activities of the company, as well as guide it to become a leader in the telecommunications sector.
- Nancy McGee, Chief Marketing & Sales Officer, leads the marketing and sales initiatives of the company, reports to the executive team and ensures everyone at WOW! shares a commitment to the company's customers, as well as to each other. She has over 25 years of experience after holding significant roles at MediaOne, AT&T Broadband, and others.
- Don Schena, Chief Customer Experience Officer, focuses on helping the company deliver its WOW! experience of one community, one customer at a time, and one connection by providing customers with technology and solutions that matter to them. He is responsible for WOW!’s vision and strategy for all customer-facing activities and has over 25 years of executive-level experience in the telecommunications sector.
- Bill Case joined WOW! in September 2019 as its Chief Information Officer, with a responsibility to transform the company’s overarching approach to technology, project management, and IT. Also, he spearheads the "Technology Transformation Team" of the company and has over 25 years of work experience.
- Craig Martin became the General Counsel of WOW! in 2000 and is in charge of the legal and regulatory affairs of the company. Craig has more than 20 years of experience, having provided legal services to companies in the cable industry across the US.
- David Brunick, the Chief Human Resources Manager at WOW! has about 30 years of experience. He helps to transform the company's HR functions to become more strategic to drive business performance through the attraction, training, and recognition of top talents.
Agency of Record
- TDA_Boulder is WOW's agency of record, selected in 2017 to modernize and update its brand continually.
- TDA_Boulder is a Colorado-based advertising & marketing agency.
- In 2018, WOW! launched a video advertising campaign, "High Five," creatively showing how their internet service was for all.
- A 2019 video advertising creative by WOW! titled, "Nicer Than Nice," propagated the need to be kind to fellow workers.
- WOW! had its only fundraising event in December 2015, where the company raised $125 million in a Private Equity round.
- In August 2016, WOW! acquired NuLink for $53 million. Other undisclosed acquisitions include Knology in 2012 and Ameritech New Media in 2001.
- The company's estimated annual revenue is $1.2 billion, according to data by CrunchBase.
We investigated the directories of WOW! in search of information about the company, as required. Also, we examined reports on company intelligence platforms, including CrunchBase, Inc., ZoomInfo, and others, to find needed insights about the company not available on their website. Additionally, we researched relevant news and media domains such as PR Newswire, Ad Week, and others for information about the agency of record of the company and some creatives by, as requested.