Workday is a cloud-based software vendor that specializes in human capital management (HCM), financial management, enterprise resource management (ERP), for workforce planning, analysis, and execution.
Workday product features
- Workday software includes all the essential HR functions in one system, so organizations won’t need to purchase multiple software.
- The Human Resource Management feature of Workday allows companies to manage and organize their global workforce. This feature accommodates all types of workers, such as full-time, part-time, hourly, contract, among others.
- The talent management suite of Workday includes functions for managing employees. It contains other functions such as onboarding, goal management, performance management, career planning, and many more.
- The recruiting feature helps companies to find, share, engage, and select the best internal and external candidates for them. This solution also manages the entire recruiting lifecycle in one system and also enables transparency and collaboration across the whole hiring team.
- With Workday’s payroll solution, users can make multiple payroll calculations at any given time, and also perform batch calculations either by group or workers, have flexibility with earnings and deductions, and run audit reports.
- The Time Tracking solution helps employees to track their time, whether they clock in and out using a desktop, tablet, or mobile device.
- The Big Data Analytics feature of Workday comes with pre-built analytics templates that address key business issues faced by HR and finance, addressing topics like workforce planning, retention, and diversity for pay-for-performance, compensation, and payroll-cost analysis.
- Workday has not released its pricing information publicly. Vendors can contact them directly for a quote.
Integration of Workday with third-party vendors
- The integration/implementation process of Workday involves a five-step process which includes- project plan review, integration approach review, prototype configuration review/integration build review, test review, final configuration review.
- Workday Cloud Connect for third-party payroll helps organizations to connect to any third-party payroll providers around the world.
- To make integration easier, Workday’s Integration Cloud allows customers and partners to build and install integrations to the Workday Cloud without the requirement for any on-premise middleware.
- For integration with ERP and other systems requiring effective-dated records, Workday’s Payroll Effective Connector Interface allows the extraction of all Workday events with effective dates in the sequence they have occurred. This helps to simplify the integration and ultimately reduces implementation costs while ensuring data integrity.
- With Workday’s solution, third-party service vendors can automate requests, publish results back to the Workday system, and move the candidate’s process forward.
Workday product client reviews and capabilities
- Workday’s clientele includes some of the world’s leading companies like FedEx, Levi Strauss, Aon, Airbus, AirAsia, Comcast, among others. These organizations trust Workday as their enterprise cloud suite to get breakthrough results in financial management, human capital management, and much more across a wide range of challenges and industries.
- Workday solution has received a 4.4-star rating out of 5 based on 725 user ratings on Capterra.
- Some product capabilities of Workday include employee experience, payroll, and workforce management, HR service delivery, analytics, and reporting.
- Mary Opperman, vice president at Cornell University, has provided a testimonial saying Workday has enabled them to manage change effectively.
- The target customers of Workday include a wide variety of industries, like healthcare, higher education, manufacturing, finance, technology, among others.
Types of dashboard and applicant features
- Workday has hundreds of dashboards that consolidate key management information and actionable items in one location.
- Some key capabilities of the HCM dashboard include comprehensive visibility, automated analysis, configurable drag and drops, and external benchmarking.
- Dashboards in Workday are pre-configured pages related to functional areas and are populated with related charts and data.
- Dashboards may also include related tasks, menus, and announcements, and data can be entered using “tasks” and viewed using “reports.”
- Workday’s approach is to make it possible for customers to configure and extend Workday in order to meet the specific demands of customers without any classic problems of customized software.
- Workday allows customers to add custom fields to Workday objects and create validations associated with custom fields.
- The company has also made significant and unique investments to build solutions and include a multi-faceted workforce to meet customer requirements.