Tory Burch - Women's Designer Shoes
Tory Burch is well-known in the designer shoe industry. The brand was launched in 2004. In 2006, the Tory Burch shoe collection really came into the spotlight when she launched the popular 'Reva Ballet Flat'. Shoes in her collection include anything from sandals to boots and vary in price anywhere from $39-$689. Some of her iconic best-sellers fall in the range of $165-$275. When it comes to the brand, specifically shoes, analysis digs deeper into the strengths, weaknesses, unique brand features and competitive advantage.
- Shoes are a large part of the brand's business.
- The brand has multiple avenues from which a consumer can purchase Tory Burch shoes — Tory Burch retail boutiques, luxury department stores and online and can be found in multiple locations worldwide
- Retail boutiques have warm and inviting interiors that were designed "to make the customer feel better about themselves." While shopping in the store, you can also expect to find mini refrigerators stocked with beverages and iPads that customers are free to use while waiting and trying on shoes.
- Heavy use of popular social media platforms — Pinterest, Instagram and blog — which you can filter and search related to shoes. Social media platforms are also utilized to launch new collections.
- Shoes are reasonably priced and consist of high quality and comfort compared to similar styles and brands. Because of this, consumers who do not necessarily spend a lot of money on shoes are willing to splurge on Tory Burch.
- Some of the brand's most popular products to date are shoes, such as the 'Reva Ballet Flat' starting at $198
- Featured in fashion shows and endorsed by celebrities.
- Some of her most popular shoes fall in the price range of $165-$275 and come in a wide range of colors, materials and patterns.
- Tory Burch has multiple competitors of similar nature and price, especially in the range of $165-$275, including Kate Spade, Micheal Kors, Marc Jacobs and Coach. A detailed graph shows how she ranks in footwear against these particular competitors.
- Lack of interaction with consumers and followers on Tory Burch social media accounts. One source quotes Tory Burch saying “I think it can be detrimental and hurtful. Social everything has to be treated with care. I actually don’t read a lot of the comments. I try to stay away from politics, but sometimes it’s hard. I weigh in on humanity. That’s important.”
Unique Brand Features
- Tory Burch gets her inspiration from around the world and stems from her love for history and travel. Inspiration behind her shoes is no exception.
- All shoes have the iconic "double T" Tory Burch logo and are recognized distinctly as being Tory Burch.
- Brand authenticity — Tory Burch brand was built with her personal story and history behind it.
- Tory Burch uses customer-centric approaches, including the use of an application called 'Client Book', which compiles and stores customer data over all channels. This, for example, would make it easy to buy a gift for someone who has purchased from Tory Burch before. A customer can give the sales associate a person's name, and they in turn could recommend the ideal gift based off their profile. Since implementation, the average order value has increased by 62%.
- Tory Burch's brand authenticity as mentioned above, also serves as a major competitive advantage — she continually shows passion for her purpose and in her philanthropic efforts.