While information that detailed the attributes that make a report, an ebook, or a white paper attractive to marketers was not readily available, we were able to find that the title is an important part of convincing the marketer of buying the report.
- Presenting marketers with new information regarding industry trends is a great way to attract their attention.
- Creating a 'killer title' that contains a question, a promise, or a bold statement arouses the readers' curiosity and grabs their attention.
- Promoting a white paper on social media is a great way to attract the attention of potential target readers.
- Sharethrough commissioned a study made by Nielsen that reported that headlines having 21-28 words generates the highest engagement rates.
- The study also revealed that 17% of the total headline length should be made up of context words to attract people to download the white paper/report.
- 78% of marketers used white papers in their purchasing decision. Moreover, 67% of marketers are more likely to share entertaining news while only 63% prefer factual or data-heavy content.
- Including interviews with influential people in a white paper can give a more authoritative look to the specific topic.
- Contributing regularly in social media communities can attract a specific audience that is relevant to the white paper's subject.
- Creating a short video content in an eBook can attract a bigger audience. In fact, HubSpot's recent study showed that 59% of senior executives prefer video to text.
- The content of a white paper should always be focused on educating the reader and not on promoting a product. In fact, al least 80% of the content of a report should be geared towards educating the reader and only 20% should be focused on the product.
We started our research by looking for directly available data regarding attributes that make a report, ebook, or a white paper particularly appealing and effective for engaging marketers and advertisers. We searched for this information in various sources from reputable sources and business articles on content writing and copywriting such as Strategis Consulting, Instructional Solutions, Technology Advice, Forbes, Ad Espresso, Word Stream, Hubspot, Constant Content, Content Marketing Institute, Business2Community, Consulting Success, and Marketing Insider Group. Unfortunately, we were not able to find directly available data that is specific to report, ebook, or white paper insights that are appealing to marketers, advertisers, marketing agencies, and brand marketers.
We also checked if there are survey results or interviews about the attributes of writing effective reports, ebooks, or white papers that attract marketers, advertisers, marketing agencies, and brand marketers. The statements we found, however, were not specific to marketers, advertisers, marketing agencies, and brand marketers.
As such, we changed our search approach by strategically looking for articles about tips and guides on how to market to marketers. However, the information mostly pertained to general insights regarding marketers and how to approach them. Based on these strategies, we concluded that insights pertaining to the attributes that make a report, an ebook, or a white paper effective for engaging marketers were not available.