Weekly Blockchain News 9/14/19-9/20/19 (1)
Weekly Blockchain News 9/14/19-9/20/19
Five articles on blockchain and data security and seven articles on the commercial uses of blockchain have been presented in the attached spreadsheet. The most retweeted tweet was by @humorandanimals, Anuel AA, Daddy Yankee, Karol G, Ozuna and J Balvin's music video China was the most watched video this week with 47,837,855 views, while "Google" was the most searched search term, and "champions league" was the most trending search term.
BLOCKCHAIN / DATA SECURITY
- Gartner: Blockchain will be nothing more than an add-on for ERP, CRM software — "Gartner claims that, over the next few years, the possible uses for blockchain technology will consolidate into only four distinct use cases."
- Analysis on China's Blockchain Market, 2016-2025 — "Spending on blockchain technology in China is expected to grow at a CAGR of 45.7%, to reach $22.59 billion by 2025."
- Blockchain goes extra-terrestrial — "The Financial Times published a satirical analysis of what they think is an overly optimistic blockchain project that aims to create a financial system for the space economy of the future."
- Blockchain satellite startup SpaceChain receives European Space Agency backing — "The European Space Agency awarded a substantial grant to a blockchain startup that is creating a satelitte-based cryptocurrency wallet."
- FDA Unveils Next Step on its Journey to Develop a Safer Food System — "The US FDA will hold a public meeting to discuss the eventual application of blockchain technology to food safety practices."
COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS OF BLOCKCHAIN
- Deutsche Bank joins JPMorgan-led blockchain network — "German banking giant Deutsche Bank announced that it joined JP Morgan Chase-led Interbank Information Network (IIN), the largest blockchain project in the financial industry."
- HTC will preload a Bitcoin Cash wallet on its blockchain phone — "HTC's Exodus 1 blockchain smartphone will start supporting Bitcoin Cash, HTC said after signing a partnership deal with Bitcoin.com."
- Real estate platform with $60m in assets launches on Algorand blockchain — "AssetBlock launched a platform that allows users to trade commercial properties registered on the Algorand blockchain."
- From Farm to Cup, Big Coffee Turns to Tech to Lure Consumers — "A consortium of coffee producers is planning to create a blockchain solution for tracking the coffee supply chain using IBM's technology."
- Bank of America Joins the Marco Polo Network — "Bank of America joined Marco Polo, a group aimed at increasing the efficiency of international trade through blockchain technology."
- Binance picks apart Santander’s “blockchain bond” in latest report — "Binance, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, published a critical analysis of Banco Santander's end-to-end blockchain bond."
- Verizon may soon create Virtual Sim cards through blockchain technology — "The telecommunications company Verizon has been awarded a patent for using blockchain technology to create virtual SIM cards."
POP CULTURE THIS WEEK (9/14/2019 – 9/20/2019)
- Humor and Animals' tweet, "nala, an autism service dog, got to meet her hero and they became the best of friends (helperdognala IG)" was the most retweeted tweet on September 20, 2019.
- The most watched YouTube video: Anuel AA, Daddy Yankee, Karol G, Ozuna and J Balvin's music video China was the most watched video this week with 47,837,855 views.
- The most searched term on Google: "Google" was the most searched term, and "champions league" was the most trending term searched for.
Twitter does not have an explicit API to track retweet counts. The social media platform does not allow outside entities like statistics and analytics websites to track the retweets and other statistics for any timeframe longer than 24 hours. Therefore, determining the most retweeted tweet for the past week was impossible due to technical limitations. Media outlets and pop culture websites track the most retweeted tweets of all time, but that information is not relevant for the past week. Therefore, we have provided the most retweeted tweet for the end of the week, 9/20/2019, because that information is the only relevant publicly available information.