Eastern Bank, Part 1
Three key issues or areas of expertise for which Eastern Bank claims a leadership position are small business loans, advocacy, and customer satisfaction. Details are below and on the attached spreadsheet.
Small Business Loans
- Eastern Bank won the number 1 SBA award in Massachusetts and New England for 10 consecutive years and is based on the number of loans originated.
- Eastern Bank has helped a "wide range of businesses get the financing they need to grow," particularly those that have difficulty getting funding from traditional sources.
- Eastern Bank extended 565 loans totaling $43.3 million to Massachusetts small businesses, the most of any bank in 2018.
- Eastern Bank has been recognized as one of the "Best Places to Work for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Equality" by the Human Rights Campaign for five consecutive years.
- Eastern Bank testified in support of the Transgender Public Accommodations Bill in front of the Massachusetts House and Senate.
- Eastern Bank testified in support of two bills that would encourage equal pay and the appointment of more women on boards of directors in Massachusetts in front of the Joint Committee on Labor and Workforce Development.
- Eastern Bank is a three-time winner of the J.D. Power "Highest Customer Satisfaction in Retail Banking in the New England Region" award.
- In 2017, Eastern Bank was named as one of the top banks for businesses in the United States for the "Overall Customer Satisfaction" and "Customer Likelihood to Recommend" categories for the Northeast’s Middle Market segment.
- Eastern Bank's mission is to "embrace our mutuality, culture, and creative spirit to build lasting relationships with our customers, colleagues, and communities in pursuit of a better, fairer, more sustainable world."