Liberty Bank, Part 2
Liberty Bank is one of the leaders in promoting financial literacy, mortgage lending and employee satisfaction. Their respective marketing efforts and persons in charge of those efforts are outlined below and in the spreadsheet attached. Screenshots can be seen here.
Promoting financial literacy
- Audra Hamel wears the title of senior vice president, chief marketing officer. She’s associated with promoting financial literacy.
- Liberty Bank has described itself as a company that cares about its communities’ financial literacy. It has also made a “self-branded digital financial literacy platform” available for consumers.
- The company has shown that it can work as a partner in promoting financial literacy especially in its effort to help local entrepreneurs.
- Liberty promotes financial literacy through its Learning Center for all of its customers including the use of literature and easy-to-use financial tools for visual aid.
- They have also used videos on their YouTube channel for those with a preference for audio-visual information and they have also made posts on social media about the topic.
- Eugene F. Shugrue has the title of senior executive vice president, chief lending officer of Liberty Bank and is associated with mortgage lending.
- Liberty Bank promises customers that they’ll be able to acquire mortgages at an affordable cost which include low interest rates and /or low monthly payments. They offer options that may be attractive to price-conscious shoppers and makes it easy for them to apply online.
- Liberty Bank shows that it is considerate about the needs of its customers and consumers and that it will do what’s necessary to meet their needs; even if it requires them to hire more employees.
- They describe their loan officers as “some of the most helpful and experienced mortgage lenders in Connecticut”, who’ll listen and guide the customers.
- They have highlighted their mortgage lending commitment to customers by implementing mortgage lending strategies that target “low-to moderate income households”.
- It uses their mortgage lending services as a bolster to give back to the community through its Giving Circle program. It describes itself as consistent and committed to members of the community who are in emergency situations or need transitional housing.
- Robert Parry is the chief administrative officer (CAO) of Liberty Bank. He is in charge of human resources and therefore associated with employee satisfaction.
- Liberty Bank prides itself on being cognizant of their employees’ efforts and recognized as one of Hartford Courant Top Workplace. It has maintained this status for 7 consecutive years, thanks to their employees’ votes and satisfaction.
- The company tries to gain confidence from its consumers by describing its employees as “loyal” and efficient in getting new business. It always makes mention of their employees efforts when describing an achievement.
- It has also highlighted its efforts in keeping their employees’ satisfied with their working conditions by offering them change and what is considered “the best of the best”.
- The employees at Liberty Bank are engaged in activities that benefit the community, which also suggests that are satisfied with their workplace and what it stands for. They participate in internal competitions that are used to generate donations for charity.
For most of the information about who is in charge of promoting financial literacy, mortgage lending and employee satisfaction as well as the company’s messaging around these areas and screenshots relating to them, we consulted the company’s official website, annual report and social media channels. However, the company’s website did not include information pertaining to descriptions of the role members of the executive team play; so we had to rely on the job titles, general information about c-suite officers’ responsibilities and LinkedIn to determine the executive who likely has the responsibility as a part of their job or associated with the area.