Walt Disney World Resort Marketing
Walt Disney World Resort markets itself majorly through TV, social media, radio and digital platforms with most of the focus being on the tagline "magical". Disney currently has 772 different digital channels under its umbrella including ABC, ESPN, and Marvel.
- In April 2019 Coca-Cola and Disney designed a custom “Galactic Bottles” for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge that will open in Orlando and California.
- The advertisement promoted the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge on May 31 at Disneyland in Anaheim, California and August 29 at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
- The advertisement with Coca-Cola had 99,733 views, 1,900 likes, and 71 dislikes on YouTube.
- Disney Parks published a behind the scenes excerpt Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort in December 2018 on YouTube, announcing the opening of the summer at Disneyland Resort and the 2019 fall season at Walt Disney World. The ad's tagline stated “Come to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and live your adventure in a galaxy far, far away!” and had 1.8 million views. 
- The Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World markets itself through Facebook. The ad had 32,100 views in May 2019 and 41,000 followers. Their tagline is “Experience Legendary Service”.
- In January 2019 Disney world aired an advertisement around the Toy Story Land, in which the guests enter a world created by Andy, the films' central human character, where 50 imaginative people named Andy were invited for an exclusive event in the all-new land.
- The film advertisement was created by Yellow Shoes, a company in Orlando, for Walt Disney World.
- The ad had 58,294 views, 648 likes and 14 dislikes on YouTube.
- A Walt Disney World Resort TV commercial aired the 'NBA Experience: Don't Count Me Out' in 2019. The commercial features a young boy playing basketball alone on an all-white court, copying the moves of NBA star Kyrie Irving. The ad had an engagement rate of 2.5 and was last aired at NBA GameTime on NBA TV on June 30, 2019.
- The Walt Disney World Resort TV commercial, 'Magical: 30 Percent,' was aired in the beginning on 2019 promoting the magic that Disney stars can inspire in younger generations and featuring promotional offers for its resort. The ad saw 5,554 national airings until the 27th of March 2019.
- Another DisneyWorld TV Commercial, with the tagline 'Best Day Ever: Fort Wilderness,' highlighted that the Orlando resort features many special events that would touch any person to visit it. The ad saw 37 national airings until the 9th of July 2019.
- The Walt Disney World Resort also featured a Spanish-dubbed commercial called 'Our world: a deliciousa offer'. It used the tagline “That is the power of magic. The theme park is offering a lovely stay with a special offer.” The ad was last aired in February 2019 and had 910 national airings.
- A Walt Disney World TV commercial, called the 'Power of Magic: All-Star Music Resort', which was shot in Orlando, was aired on July 2018 with the tagline “That's the Power of Magic”.
- Another Walt Disney World TV commercial called “The Gift of Walt Disney World Makes Dreams Come True” featured Tinker Bell and Santa Claus for a special event held during Christmas. The ad was last featured on the 25th of December 2018.
- Walt Disney World also released a commercial that promoted the new season that begun on January 18, 2019. The commercial called 'Get Your Ears On' featured the song "It's a Good Time".
- Walt Disney World magazine published an article to promote its resorts in 2019. The article explained that 2019 is the best year to visit as "there’s so much to do and see, and so much coming" that someone should not wait to "experience the magic".
- Disney released a New 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge' update in December 2018 on the 93.1 Jack FM radio, which announced the opening of 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge' in Disneyland® Resort in summer 2019, using the tagline, "Your Adventure in a Galaxy Far, Far Away”.
IF/HOW THE CAMPAIGN EVOLVED OR CHANGED OVER THE COURSE OF THE PAST 12 MONTHS:
- Walt Disney World Resort Orlando provides discounts in March every year and has special commercials promoting the same. The ad in 2018 saw 1,199 national airings and was last aired on 27th of March 2018.
- The same promotional campaign saw 5,554 national airings in 2019.
- The ads mainly focus on the promotion of the new rides, additional activities at the Walt Disney World Resort Orlando, along with the yearly marketing and discounts commercials released.
ANY CAMPAIGNS/MESSAGING SPECIFICALLY TARGETING MILLENNIALS:
- “12 reasons why Walt Disney World Resort in Florida is perfect for millennials” was an ad feature by Walt Disney World Resort in January 2019 that describes the different reasons millennials should visit the resort. The article was also shared on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook by Metro UK.
- Disney also markets the Walt Disney World Resort addition of the Millennial Pink Milkshake at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies, Millennial Pink Cupcake at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Millennial Pink Cupcake at Fountain View, Millennial Pink Raspberry Cream Puff at The Market at Ale & Compass and Beach Club Marketplace, Millennial Pink Pop at the BoardWalk Bakery, Millennial Pink Celebration Toast, Millennial Pink Piñata, Millennial Pink Chocolate Cupcake, and Millennial Pink Raspberry Chocolate Cupcake at The Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge through the popular millennial brands Spirit Jerseys, Headbands, and MagicBand on social media.
- There are other articles such as “10 Things for Millennials to Do in Walt Disney World”, “The Best Things to Do at Disney World”, “Why Disney World is Attracting More Millennials than Ever Before” that promoted the Walt Disney World Resort but the marketing was done by the brand.