Vitec Cockpit / Portman Alternatives, Part 1.
Ipreo and Enrich are two additional competitors to Vitec COCKPIT/PORTMAN that provide live reporting and dashboard capabilities to investment clients and their advisors. Details on these platforms are provided in rows 6 and 7, columns A-R of the attached spreadsheet.
ILEVEL FROM IPREO
- Ipreo provides market intelligence, data, and technology solutions to private capital markets, banks, buyside, issuers, and public & private companies.
- iLEVEL is Ipreo's portfolio management platform that features portfolio management, risk management, and data collection & management.
- iLEVEL managed data services collect and consolidate the data from GPs transforming this data into actionable insights.
- iLEVEL allows its clients to get access to the platform's GP ecosystem including advisors but, it is not clear if this access includes video or text chat or screen sharing.
- iLEVEL gives its clients the ability to visualize and report on portfolio analytics using customizable and interactive dashboards and reports.
- iLEVEL provides a risk management service which helps "identify and manage portfolio performance and concentrations by viewing exposures according to indicators such as vintage year, geography, sector, region or strategy."
- iLEVEL is a highly-customizable and interactive platform. It also allows the client to identify and manage the portfolio performance.
ENRICH ANALYTICS PLATFORM (EAP) FROM ENRICH
- Enrich focus on building self-sufficient, purpose-built business forecasting software based on tailored analytic solutions.
- The Enrich Analytics Platform (EAP) "provides the enterprise computing power; our high-touch, one-on-one approach builds the custom solutions that empower clients to make strategic business decisions—and follow through on them.
- Both EAP and Viewport offer direct access to the current state of the client's portfolio.
- Viewport is a lightweight, flexible dashboard implemented to access powerful visualizations.
- Viewport and EAP offer a powerful set of flexible tools.
We started our research by looking for resources which directly and credibly provided some competitors to Vitec COCKPIT/PORTMAN that provide live reporting and dashboard capabilities to investment clients and their advisors. In attempting to locate this answer, we conducted exhaustive research through market reports, statistic portals/databases, and trusted media articles. In pursuit of this strategy, we checked research websites like Research Gate, Industry Daily Observer, Business Wire, Globe News Wire, and PR News Wire. We also checked consulting websites such as Deloitte, KPMG, PitchBook, Accenture, and McKinsey, and media websites like Reuters, Forbes and The NYT.
Therefore, there doesn't appear to be much data or professional research publicly available on this specific topic. However, we found an article from Globe News Wire stating that in 2017, "Vitec has entered into agreement with SDC." The press release states that SDC will start using Vitec's portfolio management software PORTMAN, in addition to the investment advisor solution COCKPIT. However, none of the websites provided any information specifically for some competitors to Vitec COCKPIT/PORTMAN that provide live reporting and dashboard capabilities to investment clients and their advisors.
Further research was made to get more data referring to credible financial statistics portals/databases such as Reuters Finance, The Wall Street Journal Quotes, Yahoo Finance, the Market Watch, Stockopedia, and Capital Cube for any financial reports about the requested information. However, this approach also did not deliver any results. Therefore, we came across an article from Yahoo Finance stating that in 2016, PensionDanmark used PORTMAN as their portfolio management system.
From the two articles mentioned above, we concluded that Vitec provides two types of products/solutions: PORTMAN which is a portfolio management software and COCKPIT which is an investment advisor solution. To verify our conclusion, we scoured the company’s website with the aim to find the definition of PORTMAN and COCKPIT. Fortunately, we found a definition for both solutions on the company’s website:
- PORTMAN: "portfolio management, administration, reporting and risk management software."
- COCKPIT: "web-based advisor and end customer platform."
Note: the company’s website is in Danish, so we used Google Translate to translate it.
Next, we decided to change gear and search for Vitec COCKPIT/PORTMAN competitors based on their definitions (portfolio management, risk management, and investment advisory) on credible market research websites like Quirk’s Researcher Sourcebook, MrWeb, GreenBook, and Statista. Also, we shifted our attention to data on business directories like Craft, OpenCorporates, Ranker, Owler, Crunchbase, Winmo, and Hoovers. We also reviewed various startup directories like Angel, Funderbeam, Index and Venture Radar.
Out of our extensive search, we selected companies that met the following criteria: a company should be a B2B company that provides live reporting and dashboard capabilities to investment clients and their advisors. Applying the above-mentioned criteria, we were able to compile a list of two additional competitors of Vitec COCKPIT/PORTMAN.
For each company, we checked its website and additional product comparisons’ platforms to determine its alignment with the criteria set in the attached spreadsheet. For some criteria, there was insufficient data to determine the product's alignment and we noted that in the spreadsheet. Each company would need to be contacted directly to determine if their product has these features.
While we were only able to complete the spreadsheet for two companies in the scope of a single Wonder request, further requests would yield additional information as there are several other relevant competitors in the industry.