Visit Visalia Competitive Landscape
Yosemite National Park had 4,161,087 visitors in 2018, Redwoods National Park had 445,000 visitors in 2017 while Zion National Park has an average of 4.3 million visitors per year. The required information has been populated in the attached spreadsheet.
- Yosemite National Park had 4,161,087 visitors in 2018.
- Yosemite National Park's top attractions include Yosemite Valley, Glacier Point, Grove of Giant Sequoias, The Ahwahnee, Wawona Stables, Tunnel View Outlook, Half Dome, Mist Trail, Mariposa Grove, and Tuolumne Meadows.
- Fresno county's top attractions include Simonian Farms Old Town, Fresno Chaffee Zoo, Forestiere Underground Gardens, Water Parks, Blossom Trail, and Fruit Trail.
- Redwoods National Park had 445,000 visitors in 2017.
- Zion National Park has an average of 4.3 million visitors per year.
To find the number of annual visitors to Fresno county, we started by searching through the Visit Fresno website. We were able to find top attractions of Fresno county but there was no data on the number of annual visitors. We then searched through social media pages of Visit Fresno such as Facebook and Twitter. The vast majority of the social media posts were about things to do in Fresno. There was no mention of the number of annual visitors.
Our next strategy was to perform a general press search, both on international websites like Bloomberg and PRNewsWire, Mercury News, and The LA Times, we looked for any articles that might mention of the number of annual visitors to Fresno County. However, no such articles existed.
Finally, we triangulated the data by finding the total number of visitors to California and the percentage of Fresno county visitors. We assumed that the percentage of visitors is proportional to the percentage of revenue collected.
Number of annual visitors = Percentage of Fresno County Visitors (3.7%) x total number of visitors to California (41.9 million) = 1.55 million visitors.