VR/AR Companies List NYC
This is a list of 11 virtual reality or augmented reality companies based in New York City. A description of each company's area of expertise, known partnerships, and known projects are included along with company addresses and websites.
1. Founded in 2009, YouVisit uses the power of Aria to provide its costumers an interactive 360 degree virtual reality experience. Users can share virtual reality content they create on their VR headsets, mobile devices, and laptops. Working with over 800 clients and holding a 97% client retention rate, YouVisit works with well-known clients such as Swarovski, Hewlett-Packard, Zumba, U.S. Army, Yale, and International Rescue Committee. Here is a link to one of YouVisit's recent projects for PwC.
2. LiveLike allows users to view live sports with others in virtual reality. Broadcasters, such as Fox Sports, can stream live content and interactive VR to viewers regardless of using a VR headset. LiveLike's clients include well-known brands such as Fox, Sky, Audi, Jeep, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Samsung. They recently worked with the Fox VR app to bring the 2017 CONCACAF Soccer Gold Cup as a virtual experience users could share with friends on Facebook.
3. Entrypoint is reaching out to mass users to create and share their content through an interactive 360 degree virtual reality experience. Recent projects for this company are unknown.
Entrypoint is located at 101 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY, 10014. Their website is here.
4. IrisVR brings virtual reality to the building industry. Founded in 2014, Iris specializes the virtual experience for architects, engineers and designers, allowing them to explore how a space feels.
While there are no known current projects, information on how IrisVR is helping bring its technologies to conduct accurate daylight studies can be found here.
5. Littlestar is the You-Tube of 360 degree virtual reality for video and photos. They power such brands as ABC, NBC, Showtime, Disney, and Sony. While current projects are not known, an example of work uploaded to Littlestar can be found here.
6. InsiteVR brings virtual reality to the meeting place for architects, engineers, and contractors. InsiteVR brings smartphone powered VR headsets to the game. They have worked with building industry leaders such as Pulte. One of InsiteVR's recent projects was working with TEE-COM on an airport project, which was the perfect test case using VR for design. This information may be found here.
InsiteVR's mailing address is 405 E 14th Street New York, NY 10019. Their website is here.
7. KonceptVR is the video production arm of the makers of the original 360 degree camera mount. KonceptVR has partnered with Conde Nast to bring 360 degree virtual experience to its Joy Index, 10 Happiest Places on Earth, which can be found here.
KonceptVR is located at 4301 21st Street, Suite 333
Long Island City, NY 11101. Their website is here.
8. Timelooper uses VR and AR to bring time travel to its users. Key historical events can be created for tourists traveling to historical locations around the world. While current projects are unknown, here are examples of the immersive work of Timelooper.
Timelooper is located at 40 Harrison Street, Unit 3K, New York, NY 10013. Their website is here.
9. Boulevard is bringing the arts to life through virtual, augmented and mixed reality. Boulevard is reshaping the landscape of storytelling and revolutionizing the way the world looks at art and culture.
They recently partnered with Case Western Reserve for a VR experience at the British Museum. Here is a video of the results.
10. VR Global caters to the real estate and hospitality industries. The Knickerbocker Hotel in New York City partnered with VR Global to create virtual experience that has led to increase revenues for the hotel. For more on this project, go here.
11. Last on the list is Mythic. Mythic custom builds powerful computers to create real time virtual experiences to be used for design, marketing, and sales campaigns. Pepsi and Unilever are among Mythic's clients. Mythic partnered with Resources Real Estate to create a VR experience for a model home in a 17 unit waterfront development. Photos and information are located here.
Mythic is located at 31-10 37th Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101.
Their website is here.
Many of these 11 virtual reality or augmented reality companies cater vastly different industries and users. As you can see, each company's headquarters operates in New York City. Each of these 11 companies has been entered into the following spreadsheet for easy reference: 11 NYC VR/AR Companies Spreadsheet.