There are several virtual events companies. This report compares the features, costs, and benefits of four of these companies - vFairs, 6Connex, Engagez, and Hopin.
- The virtual online platform advertises the ability to host virtual job fairs, online trade shows, conferences, and more. It offers chat tools, live webinars, digital content, and 24/7 customer support.
- vFairs is unique in their customized event landing pages to fit company's specifications and brand guidelines. They also offer virtual booths, lobby, and an information desk.
- Attendees are given a virtual briefcase, where they can store anything they see in the virtual environment to download later.
- vFairs also offers a mobile-friendly platform as well.
- They have project managers that help create reports after the events on metrics such as event ROI, registration, turnout, and engagement. They also have events managers who assist with the operations as well.
- vFairs' approximate cost for a virtual event is $8,000. In comparison, the approximate cost of hosting a comparable physical event, such as a career fair, is $27,715.
- vFairs has a strong track record. They claim to have connected over 1,000 exhibitors with over 2 million visitors. They have worked with organizations such as Nestle, American Airlines, T-Mobile, and Pearson.
- vFairs focus on customized, large virtual events. Organizations will work with an event manager from start to finish.
- The virtual online platform advertises the ability to enable an organization to "host a virtual trade show, virtual job fair, virtual summit, virtual benefits fair and even establish an e-learning program for your organization." Their three main platforms are for trade shows, e-learning, and webinars.
- They customize the online environment for each organization based on their specific needs regarding things such as rooms, spaces, and booths. They also provide real-time data metrics and reporting to measure one's ROI.
- 6Connex's events are hosted in the cloud, so scalability is never an issue with their software.
- 6Connex does not list its pricing. Industry reviews also confirm this limitation.
- 6Connex is the "only virtual trade software developed with HTML5 for a seamless mobile experience and cross-platform support."
- 6Connex has a strong track record. They have worked with organizations such as Anthem, Avis, and Salesforce.
- They focus on virtual events primarily for marketing, sales, and recruiting. The company also have an e-learning platform.
- The virtual online platform advertises the ability "to host all of your digital events: live, simulive, on-demand, individual presentations, multi-day conference, expositions, job fairs, online classrooms and engaging always-on destinations."
- Their software is easily customizable and has a mobile interface to work seamlessly across any device. Like their competitors, they offer detailed analytics.
- Engagez offers several pricing packages. Their most popular plan is called the "Pro" and cost $399 per month. The Pro plan includes their basic user interface plus one hour to train an organization's event coordinator with the Engagez platform, email and chat support, and the ability to host 200 concurrent attendees.
- Their premium package, called "Enterprise," requires a customized quote. The upgrades in the Enterprise package include the ability to host 6 concurrent active venues at once (instead of one) and more training of the Engagez platform.
- Engagez advertises that they only have one user interface and one analytics engine, which provides an easy and consistent user experience. This allows users to run a self or full service event. An organization's staff would not need to relearn the user interface or software for each event if using Engagez.
- Engagez has a strong track record. They have worked with organizations such as the University of Arizona and Bayer.
- They generally focus on virtual events with less than 200 active participants.
- They are a London-based startup (2019) that is mission-driven organization. They seek to provide a sustainable solution to the event industry regarding environmental damage and inaccessibility.
- Hopin allows users to "mix and match" their event experiences with their special interface segments such as event reception, event stage, event networking, event booths, and event registration.
- Its platform can host up to 100,000 active viewers, although the start-up hopes to get that number to one million soon.
- Hopin does not disclose their pricing publicly. Instead, they want individuals or organizations to reach out for a quote or sign up for early access options.
- Hopin advertises that they only have "the first all-in-one live online events platform where attendees can learn, interact, and connect with people from anywhere in the world."
- Hopin's track record is not as extensive as its competitors. However, it has hosted over 200 events and 30,000 total attendees. As a start-up, is open to research and design new ideas for early users.