VentureFuel Company Profiles: HYP3R, eyecandylab
HYP3R is location-based user analytics and marketing platform that uses accurate polygon geosensors to analyze customers' data at a specific location. The data is used by the client to optimize customer engagement and provide an understanding about what customers are saying about their property; this can include social media posts, user reviews, or a search for particular services. Eye Candy Lab enables content creators to build a two-way interactive AR-experience for customers watching a video on any flat screen device. The revolutionary platform learns what the customers are watching and synchronizes any live or recorded linear video into interactive 3D content. The details about the company profiles of HYP3R and Eye Candy Lab are presented in the attached spreadsheet.
HYP3R was founded in February 2015 at San Francisco, California. The company's CEO is Carlos Garcia and he has successfully founded and exited two companies — Nobox and Scrapblog in 2015 and 2011 respectively. HYP3R currently focuses on the retail and travel industry and has partnered with almost every major hotel brand in the industry. In 2018 the company claimed to have geofenced over 300,000 hotel locations around the world. Some notable clients of the company include — Marriott International, Brookfield Properties, 24 Hour Fitness, Pepsi, NCL, The Golden State Warriors, among others. While, some notable competitors of the company are Mention, Brand Watch, Digimind Social, Brand24, and Radarly. Eye Candy Lab was founded in May 2017 in Los Angeles, California. The company's co-founders Robin Sho Moser, Sascha Ahmann, and Tom Orzikowski have not exited any previously established companies in the past. This was further confirmed by studying their LinkedIn and Crunchbase profiles. The company focuses on clients like content producers, national broadcasters, YouTube influencers, major film studios, and marketing agencies. According to the CEO of Eye Candy Lab, the young company operates in a niche of live AR interactive solutions and it has no direct competition from the industry. Though no direct competitors were found across CBInsights and Crunchbase profiles of the company, a recent article by Forbes highlighted that unlike the Eye Candy Lab's ability to feature a live AR content, Xperiel offers a drag and drop feature for AR interaction on mobile devices. Lastly, the details of our findings are presented in the attached spreadsheet (Rows 3 and 4)
- "HYP3R is a location-based marketing platform that helps businesses unlock geosocial data to acquire and engage high-value customers."
- "Our key innovation—the way we think about it—is that location is the next frontier in marketing cloud. Up until now, companies that use location as part of their marketing have used it in very primitive ways, like serving ads to a person who’s passing by Chipotle, saying “hey, do you want a burrito?” That may be completely out of context and completely out of timing, even though it’s supposed to be in real-time."
- " We started working with Marriott to build these geofences for their hotels. So we can tell them “these are the people on this location and this is what they’re posting publicly on social media about.” A lot of this is stuff that is based not on hashtags or mentions. It’s stuff that our clients were missing. "
- "There are other platforms that serve ads on location. But our focus is, how do we deliver as many customers from location as we can? How do we help these companies acquire customers more efficiently, and then engage them in delightful ways?"
- "We work with almost every major hotel brand, and have geofenced nearly every hotel in the world—around 300,000 of them."
- "We use anonymous signals to help them reach the right people, and that increases their marketing efficiency substantially. In many cases we’ve been able to double marketing efficiency, or in other words lower the costs to half."
- "CZ: And you focus specifically on travel and retail?
CG: Yes, that’s our main focus. Those are the two primary verticals that we’re going after. "
- "The company declined to state its total number of customers, but Garcia says its current customers pay for the platform, servicing over 65,000 locations."
- "Mutual customers of Adobe Experience Cloud and HYP3R include Marriott International, 24 Hour Fitness and Caesars Entertainment"
- "We have compiled a list of Social Media Monitoring software that reviewers voted best overall compared to HYP3R. Based on reviewer data you can see how HYP3R stacks up to the competition, check reviews from current & previous users, and find the best fit for your business. "
- "eyecandylab enables content creators to build engaging and interactive AR-experiences on video, driving user engagement and monetize it by uniting all devices into one seamless experience."
- "The company offers a revolutionary AR solution for broadcasters and content producers to add an interactive component to their video content. By pointing AR-enabled smartphones or tablets at any video screen, the interaction layer is overlaid on the core content, harmonizing them into a singular, seamless experience."
- "The revolutionary technology is able to understand what you are watching, be it Live TV or online video, and delivers engaging and interactive content to the palm of your hand."
- "augmen.tv can turn any flat screen content into an interactive portal. You can expand the linear video into your room and interact with beautifully engaging AR content by simply pointing a smartphone or tablet to the screen."
- "Enables you to build new monetization models around your video. Let the viewers purchase your products directly via the AR shopping feature."
- "We help you to create rich, two-way video experiences for your audiences. Through interactive features the viewers can now actively respond to the content in any way you want."
- "With an extra layer of storytelling you can include additional information. Display extra AR content perfectly synchronized to the video in the space around the screen."
- "Eyecandylab has developed launched an AR solution, using moving images for marker purposes with its unique, patent-pending TELEMARK technology"
- "The app detects the screen as well as the viewing angle and identifies video content being watched while performing an exact time synchronization. "
- "In the near future, the functionality to identify live TV broadcast streams will be rolled out. This new feature ensures real-time identification not only for pre-recorded but also live content."
- "The primary use cases for this technology are live sports, entertainment, and home shopping. Current implementations scored big customer success, including the US debut at VIACOM’s Nickelodeon during ‘Kids Choice Sports Awards’ as well as other clients like NBCUniversal, Cartoon Network and SoftBank."
- "There is, even after intense research, no direct competitor in terms of AR based on motion picture. We have even talked to Vuforia, the largest AR library available, about partnering up for this project but were told thats not their core business. After having spoken to many AR related people on the last TechCrunch, there is still no competition in moving image as a marker for AR."
- "Xperiel, also the subject of a recent story is introducing its Real World Web, an AR-enabled OS for the physical world. Their system is drag and drop, so even people with basic computer skills can place interactive 3D objects into the virtual world to be discovered later. "
- "Like Xperiel, Eyecandy Lab’s augmentations are triggered by a computer vision system which syncs up with the video image."