- Sequoia Capital, headquartered in Menlo Park, California, previously invested in Getir in a Series D round.
- Intel Capital, headquartered in Santa Clara, California, previously invested in Teikametrics in a Series B round.
- Atomico, headquartered in London, England, previously invested in Beekeeper in a Series B round.
A list of 30 VCs in Europe, Israel, and the United States has been provided in the attached spreadsheet. Information on their websites, headquarters, office locations, partners, whether they have invested in retail tech, as well as examples of previous investments has also been provided. For information that was not publicly available, the course of action has been explained in the 'Research Strategy' section below.
- Some VC companies in Europe, Israel, and the US include Blue Chip Venture Company, Nauta Capital, Vertex Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and Qualcomm Ventures.
- Vertex Ventures has offices in Palo Alto, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Beijing, and Singapore.
- Sequoia Capital was recently involved in a $550 million Series D funding round for Getir.
For this research on VC information, we leveraged the most reputable sources of information that were available in the public domain, including company database sites such as Bloomberg, CB Insights, Crunchbase, Zoominfo and Tracxn, among others.
We were unable to find the amount of money invested for most of the companies that invested in retail tech such as Blue Chip, Menlo Ventures and Vertex Ventures, among others. For these companies, we decided to use the total amount of money that was raised in the respective investment rounds, together with other investors.
We were also unable to find investment examples that were active in the past 6 months for some of the companies; as well as how much they invested in round B. In such cases we gave the most recent investment examples that met all the other criteria (leading rounds; investment in retail tech, AI, SaaS, or enterprise software; and did not invest in competitors).
For the companies whose partners we were not able to find, we provided the names of their managing directors.
Our findings have been summarized in the attached spreadsheet.