UX Hypothesis Testing Resources
- UX Research published an article about how UX objectives can be written in the form of research hypotheses. It includes hypothesis examples and issues found around them.
- In a recent article, Jeff Gothelf, a product designer, explains the Hypothesis Prioritization Canvas, which helps select useful hypotheses.
- UXPin provides an article that contains the steps of the Lean UX process, as well as how to write a good hypothesis and test it.
Several articles have recently been written by different experts to guide readers throughout the process of UX research and how to effectively write and test hypotheses. Some of these articles are provided below.
1. UX Research: Objectives, Assumptions, and Hypothesis
- The author talks about how UX objectives can be written in the form of research hypotheses. It includes hypothesis examples and issues found around them.
2. Getting Started with Statistics for UX
- This article explains two main types of hypotheses: null and alternative. It also covers how these should be tested.
3. The Hypothesis Prioritization Canvas
- Through this article, the author explains the Hypothesis Prioritization Canvas, which helps select useful hypotheses.
4. Hypotheses in User Research and Discovery
- This write-up focuses on UX hypotheses and how they can help organize user research. The author includes an explanation of testable assumptions (hypotheses), the unit of measurement, and the research plan.
5. Framing Hypotheses in Problem Discovery Phase
- In this article, an expert from SumUp shares steps for problem discovery, including observation and hypothesis design.
6. Lean UX: Expert Tips to Maximize Efficiency in UX
- This piece contains the steps of the Lean UX process, as well as how to write a good hypothesis and test it.
7. The 6 Steps That We Use For Hypothesis-Driven Development
- Throughout this paper, an expert explains hypothesis-driven development and its process, which includes the development of hypotheses, testing, and learning.
8. A/B Testing: Optimizing The UX
- This paper explains how to effectively conduct A/B testing on hypotheses.
9. How Does Statistical Hypothesis Testing Work?
- The author thoroughly explains the framework of hypothesis testing, which includes the definition of the null hypothesis, data collection, p-value computing, and determination of statistical significance.
10. How to Create Product Design Hypotheses: A Step-by-Step Guide
- This article provides a guide to creating product design hypotheses and includes five steps to do so. It also contains a shorter, one-minute guide.
To provide the requested articles, we leveraged the most reputable sources available in the public domain, including industry websites like UX Collective, UX Booth, and UX Design. We also made sure that all articles were written by industry experts, such as product designers, customer experience consultants, and UX researchers.