USA Alternative Investing Market
The total number of customers using the platforms to invest include Start Engine (200,000 investors), Crowdcube (13,000 investors), Wefunder (278,494 investors), EquityZen (15,000 investors), Lending Club (202,428 investors), FundRise (140,000 investors), RealtyMogul (180,000 investors), Crowdstreet (112,000 investors), Yield Street (100,000 investors), Masterworks (2772 investors), Slated (2,100 investors), and Binance (7.9 million investors). The details about the same are presented in the attached spreadsheet.
USA ALTERNATIVE INVESTING MARKET
- Start Engine has over 200,000 investors.
- Crowdcube has over 13,000 investors.
- Wefunder has over 278,494 investors.
- EquityZen has over 15,000 investors.
- Lending Club has over 202,428 investors.
- Wunder Capital investors primarily comprise trusts, accredited individuals, foundations, family offices, hedge funds, and pension funds. The number of investors is not available.
- In 2018, the number of Roofstock investors increased by 126%.
- FundRise has over 140,000 investors.
- RealtyMogul has over 180,000 investors.
- The number of investors for AlphaFlow is not available.
- CrowdStreet has over 112,000 investors.
- The number of investors for Equity Multiple is not available.
- Yield Street has more than 100,000 investors.
- Binance has over 7.9 million investors.
- Slated has over 2,100 investors.
- Masterworks has over 2772 investors.
- The number of investors for Harbor is not available.
- The number of investors for Peer Street is not available.
- The number of investors for Patch of Land is not available.
We began our research to identify the number of investors by visiting each company's website, industry profiles, and blogs. However, for Wunder Capital, Roofstock, AlphaFlow, Equity Multiple, Cadence Harbor, Peer Street, and Patch of Land; we could not find the information about their investors from their websites or blogs.
Next, we reviewed investment portals like Investment News, Finder, and Money Week to find articles about each company. Though we found information on different types of investments, funding rounds, number of investors, and interviews with company CEOs. We were not able to find any articles detailing the number of investors for Wunder Capital, Roofstock, AlphaFlow, Equity Multiple, Cadence Harbor, Peer Street, or Patch of Land.
Further, we searched through crowdfunding sites like the Money Lab, SuperMoney, and Crowdfunder Insider for getting insights about the industry news and crowdfunding events. We were unable to locate the numbers that might help us to triangulate the number of investors for Wunder Capital, Roofstock, AlphaFlow, Equity Multiple, Cadence Harbor, Peer Street, and Patch of Land.
Additionally, we went through business portals like Hoovers, CrunchBase, and Bloomberg to find information about each company. These sites only contained information about the direct investors for Wunder Capital, Roofstock, AlphaFlow, Equity Multiple, Cadence Harbor, Peer Street, and Patch of Land, and did not specify the number of users for each platform.
It is also noted that the above listed seven companies did not release the number of investors on their platform. Since all are private companies, they are not required to release this information in the public domain.