US Whiteboard Market Size
After an extensive search through market research reports, details about the US market size for whiteboards do not appear to be available in the public domain. However, the research team was able to gather valuable insights on the industry and to obtain the market size of the North America whiteboard market.
Interactive Whiteboard Market
- Some top manufacturers/players in the US interactive whiteboard market include Smart, Plus, Promethean, Turning Technologies, Panasonic, Ricoh, Hitevision, Julong, Returnstar, INTECH, Haiya, Hitachi, Changhong, Genee, and Seewo.
- In 2018, the global market size for interactive whiteboard market was $3.8 billion. By 2024, the market is estimated to reach $4.9 billion, growing at a CAGR of 4.2%.
- Some top manufacturers/players in the global interactive whiteboard market include Hitachi, Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, LG Display, Foxconn, NetDragon Websoft, Samsung Electronics, NEC Display, Ricoh, Returnstar Interactive Technology, Boxlight Corporation, Cisco Systems, Alphabet, Microsoft Corporation, Ludia, etc.
White Board Market
- In 2018, the global market size of the white board market was $290 million and is expected to reach $330 million by the end of 2025, growing at a CAGR of 1.8%.
- The estimated market size for the global white board market would be about $295.22 million.
Interactive Display Market
- For 2019, the global interactive display market is expected to be $9.7 billion, growing at a CAGR of 7.2%. By 2024, the market is expected to reach $13.8 billion.
- The interactive whiteboard market holds the "largest share of the interactive display market in 2019."
- The rise in interactive learning and advancements in teaching methodologies are the major growth drivers of the market for interactive whiteboards.
- According to a report, "in terms of market size related to interactive display applications", North America is the leading region.
- Over the next few years, the interactive display market is estimated to grow significantly in North America.
- Currently, the US is the dominant region in the interactive display market in North America.
- However, "Mexico is expected to rapidly adopt interactive displays in the near future." Therefore, the interactive display market is expected to have potential opportunities in North America.
- From the above, it is clear that North America is the leading market, with the US being the dominating market for whiteboard market (being a part of the larger interactive display market).
Traditional Whiteboard Market
- In 2016, China occupied 48.21% of the production market of the traditional whiteboard industry, followed by Europe (15.19%) and North America (10.45%).
- Moreover, the report also illustrated that "geographically, China was the largest consumption market in the world, which took about 45.06% of the global consumption volume in 2016. Europe shared 16.94% of the global total."
- The annual growth rate of the global traditional whiteboard revenue market is about 3%.
- For 2019, the global market for traditional whiteboard is $200 million, growing at a CAGR of roughly 3.1% over the next five years. By 2024, the market is expected to reach $240 million.
- Assuming that if North America follows the similar market share in 2019, the market size for North America for the traditional whiteboard industry, would be around $20.9 million.
- Since the estimated global market size for the whiteboard market is about $295.22 million and the traditional whiteboard market is about $200 million, the calculated percentage share of this market is approximately 67.75% of the total whiteboard market. Also, for North America, the total whiteboard market size is calculated to be $30.85 million.
Initially, we searched for precompiled information on the US market size for whiteboards through various market research reports including Grand View Research, Market Watch, IMARC Grour, Reuters, Energias Market Research, and various others. The research indicated that there were no publicly available data for the US market in relation to the whiteboards market.
The above research lead us to various global reports related to the global whiteboard market, global interactive whiteboards market, and others. So, we decided to change our strategy and look for the global market size of the whiteboard market and the US market share in the global market. But unfortunately, none of the reports mentioned above could reveal such information. The search could only provide various data points related to the global whiteboard industry, including interactive display market and traditional whiteboard market. This search led us to the global market size for the interactive whiteboard market.
Our next strategy was to use the above data and the already found data for the global whiteboards market size to determine the percentage share of the interactive whiteboards market and then to use this percentage to calculate the US market size for the whiteboards market. For this, we needed the find the US market size for interactive whiteboards market. While searching through various market research reports, we did not find the desired information. However, we were able to learn through a report from Reports Web, 2019 that "in the Traditional Whiteboard industry China occupied 48.21% of the production market in 2016, followed by Europe (15.19%) and North America (10.45%)" and that "geographically, China was the largest consumption market in the world, which took about 45.06% of the global consumption volume in 2016. Europe shared 16.94% of global total."
Assuming this percentage to be true for the North America whiteboard market, we calculated the market size for the traditional whiteboards market and then calculated the percentage share of the global traditional whiteboard market in the total global whiteboards market. We then used this percentage to determine the market size for the whiteboards market for North America. In absence of any publicly available data for the US, we decided to provide the North America market size for whiteboards as helpful insights.
We also tried searching for any paid report available for the US market size for whiteboards and were able to find a paywalled protected report from World Wide Market. It contains the market size for the United States Interactive Whiteboard market, which, if accessed, can be used to derive the desired market size for the estimated US market size for whiteboards.
Our calculations were the following:
The estimated market size for global white board market would be about $295.22 million (Omni CAGR calculator)
The market size for North America market for traditional whiteboards = 10.45% of $200 million = $20.9 million
With our estimated global market size for whiteboard market of $295.22 million and the traditional whiteboard market of about $200 million, we can calculate the percentage share to be = ($200 million/$295.22 million) x 100 = 67.75%
This indicates that traditional whiteboard market is about 67.75% of the total whiteboard market and therefore, for North America also, the total whiteboard market size can be calculated to be = ($20.9 million x 100/67.75) = $30.85 million