US Stainless Steel Prices
Through a graph, Metal Miner provides a daily price range of stainless steel between January 2012 and July 17, 2020. The available information is provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- The current price for 304 2B Sheet is $1.09/lb, while the current price for 430 Sheet is $0.66/lb.
- The current price for Bare Bright Wire is $2.55/lb.
- The current price for 500-750 MCM (Bright Inside) is $1.95/Ib.
- The current price for Brass Plumbing Pipe is $1.30/lb.
- The current price for Car Batteries is $0.24-0.27/lb.
- The current price for THHN Cable is $1.50/lb.
- The current price for Insulated Copper Wire is $1.60/lb.
- The current price for Insulated Copper Wire (Cat 5/6) is $0.70/lb.
- The current price for Copper Tubing/Flashing is $2.30/lb.
- The current price for Sheet Aluminum is $0.19/lb.
While trying to compare and determine the changing price, we encountered a challenge, as most sites are not open about previous prices. We searched through sites such as Metal Bulletin Price Book, for instance, and the response was, “price data is only available to customers.” We also explored sites such as Stainless-Steel Products Inc., and they do not have the actual price change. Finally, we looked at Rockaway Recycling, and the only price range is for 30 days, starting June 30, 2020.