US Soluble Dietary Fiber Market: Consumer Market Trends
While there was no preexisting information on the consumer trends in the US soluble dietary fiber market, we have used the available data to pull together useful information related to the topic. Our finding showed some global trend in the global soluble dietary fiber market. Increase in digestive resistant maltodextrin as an inexpensive, zero sugar, and energy food addictive; Increase in the soluble dietary fibers in animals; Increase demand for quality edible food and dietary supplements is driving demand for inulin were some trend identified in the global soluble dietary fiber market.
Below, we have provided our research methodology and listed some paywall resources that relate to the data points which we found during our research.
We began our research by first searching for any preexisting information on the consumer trends in the US soluble dietary fiber market. Our search through industry reports, news articles, media publications, and relevant websites did not provide the data specific for the US. However, materials found on publications such as Food Business News and Medical News Today gave insights into the soluble fiber trends globally.
Next, we attempted to narrow in on some trends found in the global reports’ excerpts. We searched for such trends like "increase in demand for maltodextrin/dextrin," but these led us to paywall sources for maltodextrin market trends (such as the report at Market Study Reports). These paywall sources were also based on a global market and not specific to the United States. We found a few pieces of information in the excerpts which talked about the US and North America health trends driving the increase market for soluble fibers. Again, we searched for another trend hinted by the global sources which was the "use of soluble fibers in animal feed." We hoped to see if the trend would also be attributed to the US market, yet this did not provide any relevant data. However, we found information on poultry diets in WATT Global Media, but again this source was located behind a subscription paywall. The last trend we tried to find as related to the US market was "inulin, as a dietary supplement." We found a graphics from an AB News Wire press release about the use of inulin in dietary supplements. This report showed inulin to have the fastest growth in the food and beverage subsection. This press release was also tied to a paywall report for global inulin market.
Going forward, we decided to expand our search to include global soluble dietary fiber market, especially since many of these paywall research reports had excerpts that could help the client gain an understanding about global market trends. This research strategy made sense because the sources indicated that the United States (or in some cases North America or the United States and Europe) was a driving force behind the global soluble market trends. Though most of the information we found was behind a paywall, we have presented some excerpts from them in the related findings below. We have also listed the resources under the paywall source section below.
TREND #1: INCREASE IN DIGESTIVE RESISTANT MALTODEXTRIN AS AN INEXPENSIVE, ZERO SUGAR, ENERGY FOOD ADDITIVE
According to the report by Research Nester, the expansion of the food and beverage industry and the desire for inexpensive food additive is driving the increase in the demand for maltodextrin. Some examples of such maltodextrin include promitor, nutriose, and fibers. These maltodextrin has been classified as soluble fibers by the FDA. The maltodextrin can improve the taste, texture, color, as well as shelf life of food and it is cheap. These products are a rich source of energy and are being utilized by athletes as a pre-workout energy source. It is also being marketed as a safe food for people with diabetes because it has zero sugar. Maltodextrin is used to produce cold drinks, ice cream, milk, and candies. It is also used in animal feed for the meat market. Maltodextrin is expected to continue to increase in demand as people become more health conscious.
TREND #2: INCREASE IN SOLUBLE DIETARY FIBERS IN ANIMAL FEED
There has been an increase in the demand for soluble dietary fibers to be added in the diets of animals in the meat market due to the consumers' desire to increase gut health and nutritional values of cattle. Roquette has taken advantage of this trend by producing nutriose FM10, a corn-based soluble fiber that is mixed in animal feed. This trend is being driven by the increase in the health consciousness among consumer.
TREND #3: INCREASE DEMAND FOR QUALITY EDIBLE FOOD AND DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS IS DRIVING DEMAND FOR INULIN
There is a global increase in demand for inulin in food and beverages and as a dietary supplement, and its lower cost is expected to continue to drive its market share. The CAGR of the global inulin market from 2019 to 2025 is 10.9%, and the rate at which its value will grow is expected to be higher than its production. A major company manufacturing inulin is Cargil. Food and beverage are expected to be the primary driving force behind the inulin market with dietary supplements expected to draw positive growth due to the health benefits of inulin. Inulin is helpful in weight management, and it is suitable for people with diabetes.
- Research Nester's report "Maltodextrin Market Size: Maltodextrin Demand, Growth, Share, and Forecast" is from 2019 and is available for $4,100. It is specific to the global maltodextrin market.
- Market Study Report's report "Global Digestion Resistant Maltodextrin Market Insights, Forecast to 2025" is from 2019 and is available for $3,900. It is specific to the global maltodextrin market.
- Adroit Research's report "Global Inulin Market Size, Share | Price Analysis Report 2025" is from 2019 and is available for $4,200. It is specific to the global inulin market.
- WATT Global Media's online publication has an article "Benefits of fiber feed additives in poultry nutrition." It is available with a subscription and a company account.
- Grandview Research's report "Soluble Fiber Market Size By Type | Industry Analysis Report 2014-2025" is from 2017 and is available for $4,950. Information specific to North America and United States trends is found in this report.
- Research Market's report "Global Bio-soluble Fiber Market 2018-2022" is from 2018 and is available for $2,500 (on sale from $3,500). It discusses the bio-soluble fiber market.
- Wise Guy Report's report "Soluble Fiber - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)" is from 2018 and is available for $4,150. It does break down the North American market segment including the increase in digestive disorders in the United States, which it sites as a driving force for an increase in demands for soluble fiber.
- Strategy Market Research Consulting's report "Soluble Fiber - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)" is from 2018 and is available for $4,150. It discusses the future of the soluble fiber market.
- Mordor Intelligence's report "Food Fibers Market | Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018-2023)" is from 2018 and is available for $4,250. The report discusses market drivers and restraints as well as discusses the types of soluble fibers and each of their market segments. The report is for the whole fibers market (soluble and insoluble) and is global.