US Rental Car Companies Comparison (2)
While the prices vary widely between the different rental companies for the period of June 21 to June 26, all options consist of base fees with a variety of additional options. Alamo offers the most affordable base rate. The different fees and additional offers have been reviewed and are presented in the Google Slides document.
- At Hertz, renting a Chevrolet Equinox, which was the closest vehicle to a Ford Edge, costs $548.05 for 5 days. Of that price, the base rate for the vehicle is $393.60, which comes to $79.2 per day.
- The total price includes airport concession fees ($44.68), vehicle licensing recovery fee ($8.55), customer facility charge ($45.00), state tourism assessment ($13.78), and unlimited miles.
- The taxes amounted to $42.44.
- For the period between June 21 and June 26, a Ford Edge costs $443.22, of which $306.02 cover the vehicle costs.
- The price includes an airport concession fee ($35.50), a customer facility charge ($45.00), custom tourism charge ($10.71), unlimited miles, and a vehicle licensing recovery fee ($13.55).
- The sales taxes is 9.5% or $32.44.
- At National, renting a Ford Edge costs $603.84. The base rate for the vehicle is $432.41.
- There are also airport concession fees ($49.55), a customer facility charge ($45.00), custom tourism charge ($15.13), unlimited miles, and a vehicle licensing recovery fee ($13.55) that included in the total price.
- The sales tax is 10% or $48.20.
- Alamo offers a 5-day Ford Edge rental for $369.39, of which the base price for the vehicle is $245.92.
- The additional fees are the same as the ones included in the Hertz, National, and Enterprise offers, which includes an airport concession fees ($28.83), a customer facility charge ($45.00), custom tourism charge ($8.61), unlimited miles, and a vehicle licensing recovery fee ($13.55).
- The sales tax is 10% or $27.48.
- Avis' Ford Edge rental comes to $439.91, of which the base rate for the vehicle amounts to $302.39.
- Avis has the same basic fees as the other rental companies, including a concession fees ($35.10), a customer facility charge ($45.00), a custom tourism assessment fee ($10.58), unlimited miles, and a vehicle licensing fee ($13.5).
- The taxes amount to $33.34.
We began our search by going through each of the rental companies' offerings. To ensure consistency, we have included the base fee for the vehicle in the document as all the other fees were clearly detailed later on. We also went through each fee in the Google Slide presentation to verify the accuracy of the previously-found information. We did not find any discrepancies in the costs presented in the slide presentation except for the vehicle cost, as explained above. We also made sure that, for consistency purposes, the search was always done on behalf of a customer that is over 25 and is a US citizen. Please note that we have used Chevrolet Equinox for Hertz as they did not feature a Ford Edge-type offer. We chose Chevrolet Equinox because it had the closest market price to the price of a Ford Edge.