US Recycling Competitive Landscape
The competitive landscape for Ultra-Poly, Milliken Chemical, and Addivant including strengths, weaknesses, product portfolio, and revenue have been provided in the attached spreadsheet. The most recent annual revenue we could obtain for Milliken Chemical was as of 2017. Below is a summary of the findings.
- Ultra-Poly has over 200k square feet of manufacturing space including 9 extrusion lines with a cumulative capacity of 170M pounds that can process 100k pounds of orders within a day.
- The company is equipped with various machines such as melt indexers, an Izod impact tester, injection molding machines, moisture analysis, among others, enabling the company to provide quality control, load certification, and R&D capabilities.
- The company also runs a large fleet of vans and bulk trucks enabling them to meet customer and supplier demands more timely and efficiently.
- Ultra-poly has no locations outside Pennsylvania where the company maintains three offices at Bloomsburg, Portland, and Berwick.
- Ultra-Poly's product portfolio includes resins and scrap such as specialized plastic, nylon, and color concentrates.
- The company also offers toll processing of scrap into usable forms, custom compounding of engineered resins, and large scale contractual manufacturing of recycled products.
- Ultra-Poly has over 45 years of experience in the plastics business where it has garnered industry-leading mechanical and processing expertise where it builds most of its processing equipment and enjoys brand legacy among its customers and suppliers.
- Ultra-poly's most recent annual revenue is $8.6M as of January 2020.
- Milliken Chemical holds a large portfolio of specialized additives with a wide range of market applications including agriculture & turf, automotive & transportation, building & construction, coatings, paints & inks, comfort, consumer goods, electronics, home & laundry, industrial goods, medical, and packaging.
- The company runs an active blog on its website and social media accounts including YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook through which it reaches out to clients and advertises its products.
- Although the company maintains various offices for North America, Latin America, and Asia, it only has one office in Belgium serving the whole region of Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Russia.
- Milliken Chemical offers a wide range of additives, colorants, concentrates & master-batches, specialty silicons, chemical intermediates, and polyethylene & polypropylene solutions.
- The company has 471 registered patents in the preparation of organic macro-molecular compounds. The company also has 296 registered trademarks most popularly under textiles and textile goods.
- The most recent publicly available revenue for Milliken Chemical is $2.5B as of 2017.
- Addivant, now known as SI Group, maintains a large portfolio of additives with a wide range of applications such as elastomers & latex, tire & rubber compounding, polyolefins, styrenics, polyols, engineering & bio-polymers, and PVC.
- The company also maintains a global presence with manufacturing, research, and sales facilities located in more than 100 countries.
- Addivant's brand legacy has been compromised through its mergers & acquisitions, first in May 2013 when it was acquired from Chemtura Corporation and re-branded and in October 2018 when it was merged with SI Group, dropping its name and assuming the name of SI Group in the new merger.
- The company offers a wide range of antioxidants, antiozonants, curing agents, polymerization inhibitors, chemical intermediates, light stabilizers, and polymer modifiers.
- The company features a technology solution called Solutions to Breakthrough that seeks to create value through innovation by partnering with clients to provide tailored solutions throughout the life cycle of a product.
- The merged group's most recent annual revenue is $1.6B as of January 2020.
To obtain information regarding the competitive landscape for Ultra-Poly, Milliken Chemical, and Addivant, we reviewed their websites and found most of the information readily available. We, however, used business intelligence sites such as ZoomInfo and Crunchbase for revenue since the details were not publicly published on their website. To corroborate the revenue provided by Crunchbase for Milliken Chemical, we searched through the public domain and the most recent revenue report we could obtain was of 2017 which has been provided in this brief.