Company Profile - Carbios
Carbios was founded in 2018. Some of its academic partners include TWB Bioscience & Bioproduction, CNRS, and INSA Toulouse.
- Carbios was founded in April 2011. As of 2018, Carbios had 19 employees, two innovative bioprocesses, and 25 patent families.
- In 2017, the company had operating revenue of €983,000 and a market capitalization of €34.3 million.
- Its 2018 operating revenue was €1.083 million.
Merger and Acquisition
- Analysis of the company's history, news, and press releases, and Carbios corporate presentation, the company has not undergone any merger or acquisition since its inception in 2011 or any recent merger/acquisition deal within the past 12-18 months.
- In October 2017, "L'Oréal and Carbios sign agreement to jointly found consortium for bio-recycling of plastic on an industrial scale."
- Also, in 2016, the company launched a "joint venture Carbiolice between Carbios, Limagrain Céréales Ingrédients (LCI) and BpiFrance (SPI)" with the initial license agreement valued at valued €8 million.
- Carbios went public in December 2013 on the Paris Euronext Growth market.
- According to Carbios, Its mission is to "find biological solutions to the environmental and sustainable development issues faced by industrial businesses."
- The company's partners are;
- Industrial partners: "Carbiolice, Limagrain Céréales Ingrédients, L’Oréal, PepsiCo, and Suntory Beverage & Food Europe."
- Academic partners: TWB Bioscience & Bioproduction, CNRS, INSA Toulouse, INRA Science and Impact, Critt Bio-Industry, and Tbi Toulouse Biotechnology Institute.
- Institutional Partners: "La Region Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes, Truffle Capital, and BpiFrance."
Commercial Launch of EVANESTO®
- Carbios first announced the launch of its new product EVANESTO® in July 2018. The product was predicted to "make single-use plastic 100% compostable and biodegradable."
- According to the company, "EVANESTO® acts as a catalyst that accelerates the biodegradation of PLA plastics to make them compostable whatever the conditions."
- EVANESTO® is part of the Carbiolice project formed from the alliance among Carbios, BpiFrance, and Limagrain.
- In 2019, the company announced "the grant, by the U.S Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), of two patents for its proprietary enzymatic process of recycling PET plastic waste. These US patents (US 10,124,512 in March 2019 and US 10,385,183 in June 2019) are a real recognition of Carbios’ innovation of its PET recycling process."
- Although Carbios has announced that EVANESTO® will be launched in 2020, there is no data about its launch date or availability in the American market available in the public domain.
To obtain information regarding the launch of EVANESTO® by Carbios, we first conducted a thorough search through the company website for any information regarding the launch date of the product or its availability in the American market. We searched through sections such as the company's technology, news publications and press releases, media articles, and the 2020 financial calendar. Through this strategy, we hoped to find information about the launch date of the new product or any related information. This strategy yielded no result as we found no such information about the product.
Next, we expanded our search to the public domain and searched through various bio-related media publications such as Business Wire and Bloomberg, news articles such as bio-plastic news on Forbes and Plastic Insight, and other research reports. We hoped to find any recent publication about the date set aside by Carbios to launch EVANESTO® or when the product will be available in the market. This strategy also yielded no result as most of the information identified was about the announcement of the product.
Lastly, we consulted various trusted business directories such as Crunchbase and Craft.co with the hope of finding any existing details about the launch date for EVANESTO®. This was because the business directory sources also provide the latest news, data, or insight about companies. We hoped to find any recent announcements made by the company about its new product launch. This step also yielded no results, as the information we obtained was already known. We, therefore, concluded that there is no information about the launch date of EVANESTO® or about its availability in the American market that is present in the public domain.