US Agricultural Tech Startups
In reviewing the companies in the Pitchbook file, it was found that there were 56 companies in total that were based in the US. These companies were cross-checked with their respective websites and Crunchbase to verify that they were indeed US companies. The information was placed into this spreadsheet, and a summary and a broader research strategy can be found below.
- Innovasea is based in Boston, Massachusetts and had a $15.2 million Series A round.
- DroneDeploy is based in San Francisco, California and had a $56 million Series C funding round.
- Arable is based in San Francisco, California and had a $15.4 million Early Stage VC funding round.
- Trace Genomics is based in Burlingame, California and had a $19.2 million Series A funding round.
- Bowery Farming is based in New York City and had a $29.7 million Early Stage VC funding round.
With each company, we relied on the brand names that came along with most of the company logos to do a search to determine whether they were US companies or not. We searched for the companies websites and Crunchbase profiles, also making sure that the logos matched in cases where they shared a name with another company. We made sure to only include those that were based in the US. The relevant information was found and placed into the spreadsheet.
There was one company in particular that we hard a hard time in determining whether it was a US company. There was only a logo of a '5' and what seemed like a tree with no brand name. Here, we did a reverse image search and found that company was Chengdu Exxon Technology Company, Ltd, which is based in Chengdu, China. We automatically ignored logos with Chinese letters.