UNTUCKit is profitable. The company relies on conventional marketing activities and sees around $150 million in sales yearly.
- UNTUCKit is a retail company that offers shirts designed to be worn untucked, along with accessories for both men and women. Some of its products include button-down shirts, t-shirts, sport coats and polo shirts. The founder of UNTUCKit, Chris Riccobono, invited his classmate Aaron Sanandres to help him turn the Original Untucked Shirt into a business in 2011. Opening its first retail store in 2015, the company today employs 700 people across more than 70 stores in North America.
- UNTUCKit is profitable, according to CNBC. The company hasn't disclosed precise figures surrounding its profits or profit margins, but the founder of UNTUCKit stated that the business metrics surrounding profits of the company look very promising, which indicates the company is very profitable.
- According to CNBC, UNTUCKit sees around $150 million in sales yearly.
- When it comes to marketing, UNTUCKit relies on premium advertising. Largely, the company relies on TV advertising. For the company, effectiveness of this marketing strategy is visible, as sales increase during the hour after the TV advertisement is aired. Also as a result of UNTUCKit's TV strategy, the company's website bounce rate is decreasing.
- Unlike many other companies, UNTUCKit doesn't rely on public relations to create brand awareness. Instead, the company is focused on conventional marketing activities, like radio and TV advertisements.
- UNTUCKit is also focused on providing a top-notch experience for customers who visit its website, which is immersive and user-friendly. Apart from this, the company uses email marketing to reach customers.
- It is unclear how much exactly UNTUCKit spends on marketing, but MediaRadar estimates this figure to be under $100 million yearly. According to AdWeek, DTC companies like UNTUCKit have increased their ad spends by 50% on average in 2019.
- Upon founding UNTUCKit, Chris Riccobono and Aaron Sanandres conducted a year of market research in order to pinpoint what the company's audience is missing. This research consisted of numerous interviews that resulted in identifying the gap in everyday clothing.
- The leaders of UNTUCKit are paying attention to what the customers want or don't want by constantly reading reviews. Apart from identifying needs in the market, this practice also helps them with marketing. Overall, UNTUCKit is devoted to tracking and responding to needs and wishes of customers, which is one of the main reasons for the success of the company. As an example, UNTUCKit regularly introduces design changes to its products, based on what the customers are saying.
- Throughout the past decade, UNTUCKit has never stopped introducing innovative product lines, ranging from women's pants to boys' jackets. According to Alberto Corral, the Senior Director of Marketing and Business Development at UNTUCKit, constant innovation is an important thing when it comes to maintaining a successful business.
- Another factor in UNTUCKit's success is its expansion to brick-and-mortar retail stores. This move allowed them to meet customers where they are, instead of expecting the customers to meet them, as a large number of shoppers still prefer the in-store experience.
Despite extensive search, precise figures surrounding UNTUCKit's marketing spend do not appear to be available. There is no evidence in the public domain the company doesn't disclose this type of information.
During our search, we attempted to find this information by scanning business publications and company databases such as Bloomberg and Craft. Our hope was that this information has been provided by third-party sources, but although estimates of the company's revenue, sales and advertising budget were available, precise figures weren't disclosed.
We searched UNTUCKit's website, blogs and other sources where the company addresses the public, hoping to locate relevant figures provided by the company itself, but this attempt provided news surrounding branch openings, special events and other company-related news, rather than figures surrounding UNTUCKit's business.
Lastly, we searched interviews with UNTUCKit's leadership and members of the marketing department, to see if this information can be found in statements directly made by company employees. Exact figures surrounding UNTUCKit's marketing budget weren't mentioned, but this way, we determined how much the company is profitable, as the CEO Aaron Sanandres stated UNTUCKit's profit metrics look very promising.