United States Population Since 1790
Total population of the United States from 1900-2020 have been provided in rows 22-142 of the attached spreadsheet. In all these years, there was growth in the population except in 1918 were the population decreased from 103.27 million (1917) to 103.21 million. Below are some population highlights.
United States Population Highlights
- On July 1, 1900, the U.S. population was 76.09 million.
- As of July 1, 1950, the U.S. population numbered 152.27 million.
- As of July 1, 2000, the U.S. had a total population of 282.16 million people.
- On July 1, 2010, the population in the U.S. was 309.32 million people.
- As of March 15, 2020, the U.S. population is estimated to be 329.40 million people. This number is projected to grow to 329.88 million by July 1, 2020.