Creative Incentives 1
Google, Amazon, and Apple offer a large range of non-monetary and monetary creative incentives that are used by employees. These include long maternity leave, paid egg freezing, hangouts with celebrities, free meals, and $10,000 in funding for aspiring start-ups.
- Google offers a wide range of non-monetary, creative incentives that are used by employees globally.
- The most often mentioned incentive that stems from Google is the fact that the employees are able to eat every meal at the Google offices for free.
- In order to counter the free meals aspect, employees are also offered an on-site gym that's open to all employees 24/7. It also includes a wide range of free classes offered every day.
- Googlers are able to attend or help organize Talks at Google, a program that allows employees to bring in speakers who interest them.
- The creative incentives are very well-received at the tech company. It is consistently reported that Google employees have high levels of job satisfaction, receive very high compensation, and have the ability to work on meaningful projects in a supportive environment.
- Amazon recently announced that as part of their Amazon delivery expansion, the company is launching an incentive program for employees that includes free "Amazon delivery technology, hands-on training and a suite of other discounts for assets and services like vehicle leasing and insurance."
- On top of all of that, the employees can receive startup funds up to $10,000, and the equivalent of three months of their last gross salary, which allows employees "the ability to get their new business off the ground without worrying about a break in pay."
- As this incentive was only launched 2 months ago, no reports on the uptake or how well the incentive is working have been published yet.
- One of the flashiest incentives Apple offers is its "beer bash" which is a recurring event that features snacks, free alcohol, and celebrity cameos.
- Apple puts a lot of emphasis on family and offers up to 18 weeks of fully paid leave for moms after giving birth, as well as additional six weeks of unpaid leave. Moreover, the company also pays for egg freezing.
- Glassdoor users currently rate working at the company and Apple's overall perks a 4.5 out of 5 stars.