Trends and Case Studies of Wellness and Fitness Brands
Having a community or support system is a top motivator for clients to go to the gym because consumers use it as a social motivator or they may feel a commitment to a certain trainer or class. When working out, people perform better and stay motivated when they have a community or support system behind them. They can be competitive with others and have someone to offer a pep talk when needed.
- Marketplaces directly match fitness providers with customers, usually through a website or app.
- With ClassPass, members can chose from thousands of live or on-demand workouts from top studios around the world.
- Users can pay as they go. They have live small group workouts and studios that they feel will inspire members and keep them motivated.
- Peerfit is known as "the flexible fitness subscription that puts you in control." It allows subscribers to use one account to choose and pay for a single class or gym session at a time.
- Athlete's Guide is a program that matches youth sports players with current college players. It asks college athlete about nutrition, recruiting tips, and 1-on-1 mentoring advice on the sport that they play.
- VR technology enables consumers to continue training in a fresh and fun manner. They can immerse themselves in programs that are not available at a traditional gym.
- With Mirror, users can choose on-demand or live classes. They also have the option to work 1-on-1 with a trainer whenever they want to use a specialized mirror.
- Mirror customers can also train live with other Mirror members, which allows for flexibility in their schedule, without needing to go to the gym.
- Peloton offers a variety of activities, including cycling, running, and weights. The Peloton app provides access to "thousands of live and on-demand classes—anywhere, anytime."
- YUR uses an Oculus Quest VR headset or any PC VR headset. YUR is known as the VR workout for video game enthusiasts, It is available on Steam.
- Obstacle races offer a community for people to connect with each other outside of the gym while still maintaining their health and wellness.
- Spartan Race specializes in races for people of every age or ability level and is available in over 42 countries, offering over 200 events. It prides itself on the community it builds and helping others.
- Tough Mudder's team endurance events play on human fears such as water and fire. It has a considerable social media following that fosters community and competitiveness, including a Facebook live workout with an instructor that had 37,000 views. The conclusion of the championships in Las Vegas had 1.2 million views.