Five additional companies or startups that allow users to plan authentic trips by leveraging social media content related to travel destinations and activity from travel influencers and other people are TraveLibro, TripHobo, Tripoto, Tripblan and HopBucket. The details of these companies have been provided below.
- TraveLibro is an app that allows users to discover, create and relive visual travel journeys.
- It also provides users with access to a community of power travelers and travel influencers.
- TraveLibro allows users to share their journeys on other social networks.
- It allows users to create live video of their travels with fellow trip travelers and also allows users to add past travel stories automatically.
- TraveLibro targets both regular travelers and travel influencers, so they can share their experiences for others to use in planning their trips.
- TraveLibro announced a seed round on April 6th, 2017. The size of the funding was not disclosed.
- TripHobo allows users to organize their travel information and share it with others.
- It also allows users to plan trips based on itineraries shared by other travelers; this includes hotels and tours.
- Triphobo's clients are mainly regular travelers.
- TripHobo has raised $4.4 million in three funding rounds.
- In 2015, TripHobo raised $3 million for their Series B funding from Mayfield and Kalaari Capital.
- It had also raised $1million from Kalaari the previous year, 2014.
- Tripoto allows users to discover other travelers’ itineraries by browsing photos, maps, reviews, and recommendations.
- It also allows users to create and share their travel itineraries and to reach out to other travelers.
- Tripoto allows travelers to connect with other travelers and add their trips to wishlist or plan travel itineraries.
- It also allows users to share guided tours and to act as local travel experts.
- Tripoto targets regular travelers.
- So far, Tripoto has raised $8 million over a series of 5 funding rounds.
- The company raised $3.6 million in its Series B funding this year, 2019, from investors such as Orchid India, Hornbill Orchid India Fund, Chiratae Ventures, 3one4 Capital, and Lasmer NV.
- In 2014, Tripoto also raised a seed round led by Outbox Ventures. This round also included investors like Palaash Ventures, Kunal Bahl, and Rohit Bansal.
- In March 2015, Tripoto raised money in a pre-Series A round of funding from Chiratae Ventures and also raised more funding from 500 Startups, Chiratae Ventures, and AvantEdge Partners.
- As a social network, Tripblan allows users to plan travel, share travel journals, itineraries, and guides.
- Travelers can follow other travelers and get updates of their exploits on social media.
- Like any other social network, travelers can also like or comment on others’ posts appearing on their home feed.
- Tripblan features an interactive travel itinerary map.
- It allows travelers to journal about their experiences on a day to day basis.
- Travelers can make money with Tripblan by creating useful travel journal and travel guides.
- Tripblan targets the average traveler.
- Thus far, Tripblan has not yet received external funding. The startup is self-funded.
- HopBucket is an app that enables travelers to plan and share trips.
- It allows users to leverage the experiences of other users to plan trips.
- Travel stories can easily be created using photo stories.
- HopBucket's clientele consists of regular travelers.
- Thus far, HopBucket has not received any investor funding.
- However, in October 2016, as participants of the FbStart Incubation Programme, the startup received free tools and services worth $40,000 from Facebook and over 30 partners.