Trampoline Parks - Leading Players
Trampoline parks are some of the most popular forms of entertainment for people in the United States. Today, there are more than 600 trampoline parks in the United States and 68% of them are owned by one of eight major trampoline chains. Sky Zone Trampoline Park, Urban Air Trampoline Park, Altitude Trampoline Park, and Get Air Trampoline Park are four leading players in the trampoline park space, in the United States.
#1: Sky Zone Trampoline Park
- In 2004, Sky Zone launched the world’s first indoor trampoline park and since then, has grown to more than 200 corporate and franchised parks across the world. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Sky Zone is considered to be the original inventor of “fun fitness” and is now one of the largest global players in the trampoline park place.
- The key attractions provided by Sky Zone are Freestyle Jump, SkySlam, Ultimate Dodgeball, and Foam Zone. Apart from the United States, Sky Zone has trampoline parks in Canada, Australia, Colombia, Guam, Guatemala, India, Kuwait, Mexico, Norway, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Kingdom. The company is working on launching trampoline parks in Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE very soon.
- On February 1, 2018, Sky Zone joined the CircusTrix family when CircusTrix Holdings acquired Sky Zone.
- According to the CEO of Sky Zone, Jeff Platt, the trampoline parks estimated the sales to amount to $300 million in 2017. Forbes reported that Sky Zone corporate generated over $50 million in revenue in 2016.
- It is found that each of its locations in the United States has different events, attractions, passes, and pricing. For example, in Los Angeles alone, there are six Sky Zone trampoline parks located in Torrance, Cerritos, Westminster, Van Nuys, Covina, and Anaheim. The following are the pricing details for Torrance Sky Zone Trampoline Park and Cerritos Sky Zone Trampoline Park.
Torrance Location Pricing:
- Open Jump: Torrance Sky Zone park charges $16 per individual for 30 minutes of jump time, $20 for 60 minutes, and $30 for 120 minutes.
- Sky Fitness package costs $15 per individual.
- Family Night package costs $90 per family.
- Multi-day passes include Superpass for $160, Toddler Pass for $125, and Skyrobics for $100.
Cerritos Location Pricing:
- Freestyle Jump: Cerritos Sky Zone park charges $29.99 per individual for 120 minutes, $25.99 for 90 minutes, and $22.99 for 60 minutes.
- Glow: For this event, Sky Zone charges $25 per individual for two hours, $17 for 90 minutes, and $15 for one hour.
- Sky Zone is known to be the inventor of fun fitness and wall-to-wall aerial action. The best features offered by Sky Zone is the wide range of activities and variety of sports fitness such as Fusion Ultimate Dodgeball, Speed Zone, Skyline, Skyladder, Skyjoust, Skyhoops, Foam Zone, Ultimate Dodgeball, Skyslam, and Freestyle Jump.
- Sky Zone parks are also popular for hosting gatherings and birthday parties. To set itself apart from the rest of the industry, Sky Zone conducts competitions and championship games for hardcore players.
#2: Urban Air Adventure Park
- Urban Air Adventure Park, also known as Urban Air Trampoline Park, is a family-oriented chain of indoor trampoline/adventure parks. The company began with its first launch in Southlake and has grown to become one of the largest trampoline park chains in the United States.
- Overall, Urban Air operates over 166 corporate-owned and franchised trampoline parks across the United States. Urban Air’s trampoline parks are spread across 31 states in the United States.
- Urban Air’s corporate office is headquartered in Bedford, Texas. This trampoline park offers numerous attractions such as Foam Pit, Slam Dunk Zone, and DropZone. Apart from trampoline attractions, Urban Air offers games such as Sky Rider Coaster, Indoor Skydiving, Go-Karts, and Laser Tag.
- According to the CEO of Urban Air, Michael Browning Jr., Urban Air reported a revenue of $166 million in 2018.
- Urban Air provides three general packages which include the Ultimate Attractions package that costs $24.99 per individual, the Deluxe Attractions package that costs $19.99 per individual, and the Basic Attractions package that costs $13.99 per individual.
- People can also subscribe to membership cards that cost $6.99 per month, $8.99 per month, $11.99 per month, and $34.99 per month, depending on the range of attractions one would want access to.
- While Urban Air was primarily a trampoline park, it has evolved over the years to become an adventure park that caters to the spirit of adventure junkies of all ages. This indoor adventure park provides a wide range of attractions that go beyond trampoline events.
- Urban Air Trampoline Park has won numerous awards such as being ranked #1 in the Top 500 Entrepreneur Franchise in America’s trampoline adventure park category, 2017 Wichita Small Business Excellence Award, Best Party Venue for High Energy, and Texoma’s Best Place to Celebrate A Child’s Birthday.
#3: Altitude Trampoline Park
- Altitude Trampoline Park was established in the year 2012 and claims to be the fastest growing company in the trampoline park space. The company is known to be an industry leader in providing the best customer experience for jumping enthusiasts. Altitude’s facilities include over 35,000 square feet of jumping area and offer various activities and attractions for people of all ages.
- The company offers a wide range of activities such as freestyle jumping, fitness classes, dodgeball, and competitive jumping. Altitude’s corporate office is headquartered in Southlake, Texas. There are 67 trampoline parks spread across 28 states in the United States with 41 other upcoming trampoline parks.
- Altitude Trampoline Park has an estimated revenue of $150 million.
- Every Altitude Trampoline Park has different attractions, events, and therefore, has different pricing. As an example, below are the pricing details for two of the company’s trampoline park locations in Texas — Fort Worth and Austin.
Fort Worth Location Pricing:
- Single Jumper: Altitude charges $12 per individual for one hour of jump time, $20 for two hours, and $25 for three hours. For children who are aged below six years are charged $8.95 for an hour and $5.95 for two hours.
- Friday Night Friendzy: Altitude charges $15.95 for three hours of this event. The cost overs three hours of jump time, one bottle of water, and one slice of pizza.
- Teen Night: Altitude charges $15.95 per individual for three hours of this event. Similar to Friday Night Friendzy, this event covers three hours of jump time, one bottle of water, and one slice of pizza.
- Family Night: Altitude charges $39.95 for a family of two adults and two children for one hour of jump time.
- Sunday Funday: For three hours of jump time, the company charges $15 per individual.
- Mega Monday: For three hours of jump time, the company charges $13 per individual.
Austin Location pricing:
- Single Jumper: Altitude charges $12.95 per individual for one hour of jump time, $19.95 for two hours, and $25.95 for three hours.
- Friday Night Friendzy: Altitude charges $17 per individual.
- Teen Night: The company charges $17 per individual.
- Family Fun Pack: Altitude charges $42.95 for a family of four members for one hour of jump time.
- Altitude Trampoline Park offers a large range of attractions and is known for its large facilities. The company owns the largest trampoline park in the United States with more than 55,000 square feet in jumping area, located in Texas City.
- Most of their facilities feature Olympic-size foam pits, various level of dodgeball, battle beams, basketball goals, a trapeze, and more. The company also announced that every one of its trampoline parks is certified by the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM), providing “the highest standards for safety in the industry”.
#4: Get Air Trampoline Park
- Headquartered in Roy, Utah, Get Air Trampoline Park is owned and operated by Get Air Sports. Get Air has over 65 trampoline parks spread across the United States featuring wall-to-wall trampolines and other unique attractions.
- Get Air has also launched trampoline parks in Finland, Canada, and Japan. Each trampoline park offers a wide range of activities and attractions such as trampolines, dodgeball, ninja activities, kiddie court, foam pit, slamball, slackline, fidget ladder, and massage chairs.
- Get Air Trampoline Park has an estimated revenue of $10.8 million.
- While Get Air Trampoline parks across the United States offer the same attractions, the pricing at each location is different. As an example, the following are the pricing details for two locations in Utah — Kaysville and Salt Lake.
Kaysville Location Pricing:
- Big Air: Get Air charges $9.99 per individual for one hour of jump time, $16.99 for two hours of jump time, and $19.99 for three hours of jump time.
- Little Air: Little Air is for those individuals who are under 46 inches in height. Get Air charges $5.99 per individual for one hour of jump time, $9.99 for two hours of jump time, and $12.99 for three hours of jump time.
Salt Lake Location Pricing:
- Big Air: Get Air charges $12.99 per individual for one hour of jump time, $19.99 for two hours, and $22.99 for three hours.
- Little Air: Get Air charges $7.99 per individual for one hour of jump time, $12.99 for two hours, and $15.99 for three hours.
- Get Air Trampoline Park is known best for providing children and adults with a unique blend of recreational experience and adventure activities. According to The Sports Daily, Get Air is one of America’s best trampoline parks.
- It is best known for its distinct attractions that give it an edge over other trampoline parks. One such attraction includes individuals wearing giant bubbles and bumping each other into the surrounding trampolines. Their obstacle courses are designed in levels to suit all age groups.
Your research team began by looking for industry and market reports that provide an analysis of the trampoline park space in the United States. Through this search numerous lists were obtained that state the best trampoline parks in the United States that also have a spot in the global market. Two specific lists were then shortlisted — "Best Trampoline Parks In The World" and "Top 15 Trampoline Parks in 2019" to identify the leading players in the trampoline park space in the United States. Each company listed in both lists was individually researched and four leading players were identified based on their revenue. In order to obtain each company's revenue, your research team searched through industry-specific websites such as Scientific America; company-profiling websites such as Bloomberg, Hoovers, and ZoomInfo; and media websites such as Forbes, DallasNews, and ABC13 Eyewitness News. Most of the information on the companies' overview, pricing, and competitive analysis were obtained from their official websites. Since the identified major players have multiple locations with varying attractions and events, it was observed that each location has different pricing options. Of the three identified companies, only Urban Air Trampoline Park provides a single pricing plan for all its locations. For the other trampoline players, your research team has provided the pricing details for two of their locations.