Traeger Pellet Grills: Competitive Landscape (1)
Rec Tec Grills offers wood pellet grills, cookers, grill accessories, merchandise, and gourmet products. Ray Carnes is the President of the company and it has 73 employees. Z Grills offers wood pellet grills and smokers, oak wood pellets, and grill covers. It is headquartered in Ontario, California, and has 27 employees. Green Mountain Grills offers Prime and Choice grills, hardwood pellets, rubs & sauces, and accessories. It has 74 employees and its annual revenue is $14.8 Million. Detailed information on the three companies is in the next section.
REC TEC Grills
- The company offers wood pellet grills, Argentina Style Grill s, Gas Wok cookers, hardwood pellets, grill accessories, parts, apparel merchandise, and gourmet, including sauces, salt, olive oil, and rubs.
- The headquarters are in Augusta, Georgia, and it has 73 employees.
- The annual revenue for Rec Tec Grills is $14.6 Million.
- Rec Tec Grills is only located at 2004 Westside Drive, Augusta, Georgia, where the company has a showroom. The company does not use dealers and has chosen to market, sell, and distribute its grills.
- Jasper Yu is the founder of Z Grill.
- The annual revenue for the company is $5.4 Million.
- Z Grills exclusively sells its products using its website and several online and storefront retailers such as Walmart, Amazon, and Home Depot.
Green Mountain Grills
- The company offers Prime grills, Choice grills, hardwood pellets, rubs & sauces, parts, and accessories such as grill covers, mats, and upper racks.
- The annual revenue for the company is $14.8 Million.
- The company does not operate any shops but uses dealers across the United States and internationally, in Australia, New Zealand, Mexico and South Africa, to sell its products. These dealers can be accessed by zip, city, or state here.
We found most of the information required from the companies websites and credible third-party sources. However, we were unable to find the agency of record and the current chief marketing officer for the three companies. To find the companies’ agency of record, we first searched their official website for relevant information. However, this strategy was not successful as we did not find any information on the companies' agency of record.
Our second strategy was to look at the companies’ media guide and find advertising case studies related to the companies as we thought we could find an advertising or marketing campaign that the companies ran that named the agency of record that executed the campaign. This strategy was also not successful.
Our third strategy was to search news and media publications and industry databases such as Ad Age, Ad Week, The Drum, Forbes, and Business Wire as we thought they would provide information about the companies appointing a certain agency of record as its representative. However, this strategy was also not successful as no relevant information was found.
We also did not find the current Chief Marketing Officer for the three companies and c-suite officials for Green Mountain Grills and Z Grills, apart from its founder. To find this information, our first research strategy was to search the official websites for the companies especially the team or company leadership section which are common on websites. We thought we would find a list of the top c-suite executives listed in the section. However, the strategy was not successful.
Our second strategy was to search the social media platforms for the three companies as we thought c-suite executives would be listed on platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter pages for the companies. This strategy helped us to find information on the President and CFO of Rec Tec Grills on LinkedIn. However, we did not find any current Chief Marketing Officer or c-suite officials for Z Grills and Green Mountain Grills.
Our third strategy was to search for news and media articles in reputable sources such as Forbes, CNBC, QSR Magazine, Business Insider, Huffington Post, New York Times, Crunchbase, and Bloomberg among others. We thought we would find an article or interview featuring the Chief Marketing Officer or other c-suite executives from the three companies. We only found an article in Forbes that featured Jason Baker, the business development person at Green Mountain Grills. Crunchbase also records Jason Baker as the only current team member on the company's profile page. We, therefore, concluded that either the three companies do not currently have Chief Marketing Officers or other c-suite executives or information on the same is not publicly available.