Tourism in Denver, Colorado
Some top tourist destinations in Denver, Colorado include Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater, Denver Botanic Gardens, and Denver Zoo.
Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater
- The Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater offers visitors the opportunity to "experience the fascinating geographic transition between the Great Plains and the Rocky Mountains."
- The park offers a variety of recreation options such as "guided tours, hiking, biking, shopping, dining, and a summer concert series."
- The Amphitheater is also recognized as a geological phenomenon. This is because it is the only naturally-occurring, acoustically perfect amphitheater in the world.
- The Amphitheater is a venue that hosts and attracts major live music events. The venue is famous for its acoustics.
Visitor perspective of tourists
- On Tripadvisor, the Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater has a 5-star rating based on 3,588 reviews.
- Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater has received a certificate of excellence badge on Tripadvisor based on the reviews from visitors and the attractions on site.
- A tourist to the park in October 2019 described the park as a " beautiful place to visit" in her review on Tripadvisor.
- Another visitor described the park as an "architectural and acoustic marvel."
- A break down of the 3,588 reviews on Tripadvisor shows that 2,995 described their experience as excellent, 491 as very good, 481 as average, 61 as poor, and 28 tourist has a terrible experience.
- On Yelp, the Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater has 4.5 ratings based on 1052 reviews.
- In October 2019, a visitor to the park described it as a "great, free, tourist attraction" that also has "a cute, small indoor museum that is a must-see if you love music."
- Another review from a tourist described the amphitheater at the park as a "beautiful space for a concert."
Denver Botanic Gardens
- The Denver Botanic Gardens is one of the largest botanical gardens in the United States. The garden occupies about 23 acres that features about 45 individual gardens, "as well as one of the nation's top 10 conservatories."
- Some of the high profile gardens include the Japanese Garden, Boettcher Memorial Conservatory, and the Rock Alpine Garden. The expansive facility also hosts a variety of events and annual festivals. Some of these events include a summer concert series and a Christmas festival.
Visitor perspective of tourists
- Denver Botanic Gardens has a 4.5 rating based on 5,574 reviews from tourists and visitors on Tripadvisor.
- The gardens have received a certificate of excellence badge on Tripadvisor based on the reviews from visitors and the attractions on site.
- A tourist to the gardens in December 2019 described the experience as "a breathtaking and a wonderful experience for the entire family — highly recommended."
- Another tourist in March 2020, described the gardens as "a magical place in the middle of the city."
- According to the reviews on Tripadvisor, a majority of visitors to the gardens claim to have an excellent experience.
- On Yelp, visitors to the gardens rated it 4.5 out of 5- stars based on 670 reviews.
- One of the visitors to the gardens wrote in her review dated 14 February 2020, "This is one of the more energy-efficient botanic gardens I've seen on this side of the Mississippi!"
- Another visitor described the gardens in a review on Yelp as an "amazingly beautiful garden" that is like a "magical oasis nestled right in the city of Denver."
- The Denver Zoo is a beautifully laid out zoo which occupies over 800 acres of the Denver City Park. The zoo is home to about 4,000 animals, including tigers, black rhinos, kangaroos, and orangutans.
- Some of the interesting sites at the zoo are "Primate Panorama, Tropical Discovery, and Predator Ridge."
visitor perspective of tourists
- Based on visitor reviews on Tripadvisor, the zoo has a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5-stars from 4,005 reviews.
- The zoo has received a certificate of excellence badge on Tripadvisor based on the reviews from visitors and the attractions on site.
- A recent visitor to the zoo in March 2020 described the zoo as a "nicely laid out zoo with both indoor and outdoor exhibits. Plenty of extras for the kids. In colder weather, the tropical exhibit house is a good spot to warm up."
- Another visitor in her review described the zoo as a "wonderful zoo with beautiful landscape."
- According to the reviews on Tripadvisor, a majority of visitors to the gardens claim to have an excellent experience. 3,572 out of the 4,005 reviews claim to have either an excellent or very good experience on their visit to the zoo.
- On Yelp, the zoo has a rating of 4 stars out of 5-stars from 611 reviews.
- A visitor described the zoo as a "diverse collection of animals with clean enclosures and attractive landscaping."
- Another visitor described her experience as "fun and great adventure for her and the kids.
- According to the reviews on Yelp, 476 out of 611 reviews of the visitor to the Denver Zoo rated the zoo 4- stars or 5-stars.
To identify the top tourist destinations in Denver, Colorado, we relied on expert consensus from reputable sites such as Planetware, U.S. News & World Report, and Denver.org. Based on mentions on all three databases, we selected the top three tourist destinations in the city. For the visitor perspective of tourists, we relied on reviews on Tripadvisor and Yelp.