Tortilla Chips, Total Volume
Tortilla production in the United States is estimated to reach 906,600 tonnes by the end of 2019. Below are additional statistics on the U.S. tortilla production industry.
TORTILLA PRODUCTION VOLUME
- In 2019, the forecast tortilla chips production volume is 906,600 tonnes in the United States (U.S.).
- Tortilla chips production volume in U.S. is projected to reach 930,100 tonnes by 2020.
- In 2018, the estimated tortilla chips production volume was 881,300 tonnes in the U.S.
- Tortilla chips production volume in the U.S. is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.5 percent, from 2018 to 2022, to reach 973,700 tonnes in 2022.
- Tortilla chips production volume in the U.S. was 740,600 tonnes in 2013, and it grew at a CAGR of 3.6 percent, from 2013 to 2017, reaching 854,400 tonnes in 2017.
- The growth of the tortilla production industry in the U.S. is largely attributed to the burgeoning growth of the Latino and Hispanic community in the U.S. Additionally, growth of health-conscious consumers is driving growth in the tortilla production industry as tortillas contain health promoting fiber and flax seed, as well as, corn tortillas for those seeking gluten free products.
- Companies that have the largest market share in the U.S. tortilla production industry include Grupo Bimbo SA and Gruma SAB de CV.
- The tortilla chips, flips and pretzels production in U.S. is expected to reach 2.4598 million tonnes (click here if the website is not working) in 2019.
In order to gather insights on the tortilla production volume in the U.S., your research team relied on reports published by the Canadian Ministry of Agriculture and Agri-Food and IBIS World. The Canadian Ministry of Agriculture and Agri-Food, through its Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) website, published some findings from the Euromonitor's 2018 Savory Snacks in the U.S. report. We based our findings from these sources as they are reputable organizations.
To confirm if the 2019 tortilla projections from AAFC were true, we checked predictions from Statista which indicate that the U.S. tortilla, flips and pretzels and other savory snacks (excluding potato chips and nuts) would reach 2.54598 million tonnes by the end of 2019. We then referred to the AAFC website which indicated that by 2019, the U.S. production of all savory snacks would be 4.4115 million tonnes. However, if we subtract the volume of nuts (543,500 tonnes), potato chips (781,800 tonnes) and we remain with a total of pretzels (328,500) we get the total remaining volume is 2.7577 million tonnes. This is close to the 2.4598 million tonnes prediction by Statista.