Top Stories on StartUps (April 11)
We found 20 additional articles discussing startups or entrepreneurs on Twitter. All those articles and the requested information about them is included in the attached spreadsheet. Below, we listed a few of the articles we found, followed by an explanation of our research strategy.
Summary of Findings
- Chicago-based startup Rheaply and the McCormick School of Engineering launched an online marketplace for providers to get medical supplies to fight the COVID-19 crisis in Illinois.
- The article by Nikkei Asian Review features Japanese fintech startups that small and midsize businesses are approaching for cash due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Pittsburgh-based biotech startup NeuBase featured its development of next-gen antisense oligonucleotide therapies for Huntington's disease and myotonic dystrophy type 1.
- The Indian startup OYO has fired 110 employees across the US without severance, citing 90-day performance parameters for the step.
- ZVerse is a South Carolina-based startup that has developed a face shield for protection from the virus.
These articles have been selected by utilizing hashtag and non-hashtag searches with Twitter and Twitter's proprietary algorithms for rankings of top articles discussing startups or entrepreneurs. Engagement metrics have been provided for the original post of the article (as ranked by Twitter) and do not take into consideration any additional metrics of subsequently shared posts of the article.