Top Players in Beauty Devices
The top 10 companies that offer beauty devices globally are Panasonic, Philips, NU Skin Enterprise, Hitachi, Lumenis, Tria Beauty, Carol Cole, P&G, Home Skinovation, and Syneron Medical.
Beauty Devices Industry OVERVIEW
- The beauty device industry is expected to grow at CAGR of 19.34%.
- The market size of the beauty device industry was $30.59 billion in 2017.
- The global market size of the beauty device industry is expected to reach $125.86 billion by 2025.
- The top key players in the beauty device industry accounted for 19% of the total market size in 2017.
- Most of the key players in the industry are situated in the US and Europe.
- Cleansing devices, oxygen and steamers, derma rollers, acne removal devices, and hair removal devices are the major types of beauty device that are included in the beauty device industry market.
- Hair removal devices have the largest share in the beauty device industry market.
KEY PLAYERS IN BEAUTY DEVICES INDUSTRY
- PANASONIC CORPORATION
- Panasonic Corporation's facial steamer segment is considered as one of the industry key leaders in the home facial steamer market.
- Beauty devices are included in the appliances company segment of Panasonic which accounts for 32% of the overall company revenue or $23.59 billion.
- The company's personal care segment, which includes beauty devices, recorded a €7,228 million revenue.
- Philips is a health technology industry leader that offers skin care cleansing devices.
- NU SKIN ENTERPRISES
- In 2016, the company had an estimated revenue of $2.21 billion.
- As of 2018, the revenue of NU Skin Enterprise reached $2.68 billion.
- NU Skin is one of the world's number one ranked when it comes to beauty device system brands. They offer various beauty devices including "Galvanic Spa®, Body Spa, Facial Spa, ageLOC Me®, LumiSpa® and LumiSpa Accent".
- Hitachi's beauty devices, which are included in the "others" segment of the company, recorded a revenue of $4.8 billion in 2018. (Source 10)
- Hitachi offers beauty devices via their microsite name Hitachi Consumers which highlights their consumer electronic products like HadaCrie Cool, HadaCrie, FaceCrie, Electric Lash Trimmer, and Electric Face Trimmer.
- The company has an estimated revenue of $164.40 million.
- Lumenis Ltd is a global leader when it comes to beauty devices focusing on aesthetics, surgical and eye care applications.
- TRIA BEAUTY
- Tria Beauty has an estimated revenue of $14.16 million.
- Tria beauty is a beauty device provider that opened in 2003. They are known for their laser hair removal devices, wrinkle reducer devices, and skincare beauty devices.
- CAROL COLE
- The company has an estimated revenue of $40 million.
- The company develops contemporary devices for beauty treatments for facial use.
- PROCTER & GAMBLE
- Beauty devices such as personal care for grooming accounts for 10% of the overall revenue of P&G Company.
- As of June 2017 the grooming segment recorded a revenue of $1,670 million.
- P&G provides skin care tools and accessories both for men and women. Their products are usually for shaving and microdermabrasion.
- HOME SKINOVATIONS
- The company has an estimated revenue of $9.05 million.
- Home Skinovation is a company that manufactures medical aesthetic home-use devices for men and women.
- SYNERON MEDICAL
To come up with the top 10 list of companies that offer beauty devices globally, we searched through market analysis report and looked for the key players or industry leaders in the beauty device industry market. To be able to determine which companies were considered industry leaders, we used the following criteria in our analysis:
- Companies that appeared commonly on different market analysis reports
- Companies that are also included in the specific product market analysis report that are related and relevant to the beauty devices industry market (e.g. facial steamer market industry report)
There were numerous market reports but majority of them were locked behind paywalls. However, we were still able to include the key players in each of those beauty device industry market reports.