Open Source Contract Management Software Options Part 1
Top ten open source contract management software options that are free for commercial use are Conga Contracts, Contract Works, Contract Safe, Plexus Gateway, Agiloft, Incertis Contract Management, Dolibarr ERP/CRM, Openbravo, iDempiere, and Concord. We filled all the required data into the attached spreadsheet.
- Concord is one of the biggest contract management software options that currently has over 180,000 commercial users.
- Concord's open source contract management software is called Project Concord.
- Project Concord asks for users to agree to using the BFT algorithm.
- Conga Contracts has 850,000 commercial users.
- Conga Contracts has an open source contract management software which requires a number of licenses which can be obtained here. The main license needed is called Apache.
- ContractWorks is the number one provider of contract management software options with close to a million users.
- ContractWorks offers an open source solution but does not specify whether a license is required for download.
- ContractSafe is used by 400,000 different commercial users.
- OpenZeppelin is ContractSafe's version of the open source contract management software and it requires an MIT license.
- While the number of users is close to a million, Plexus raised the largest industry capital rise in 2018.
- Plexus Gateaway's open source contract management software is called Plexus Classwords.
- Kong is the license that is required for Plexus Classwords.
- Agiloft offers a free, open source version of their contract management software, on their website.
- Agiloft installs with a free copy of the MySQL database by default, and it can also be used with the user's own licensed copy of MS SQL if preferred.
- Agiloft has been downloaded 3 million times.
Incertis Contract Management
- Incertis Contract Management has 5.7 million downloads.
- Incertis Contract Management offers an open source version which requires a Microsoft Azure license by default.
- Dolibarr ERP/CRM is an open source and web-based ERP/CRM for small and medium-sized companies.
- It is released under the GPLv3 license.
- This software has been downloaded close to a million times so far.
- OpenBravo is an open source and web-based contract management software that requires a OBPL1 license.
- The software has been downloaded over 700,000 times.
- iDempiere is an open source and web-based contract management software that requires a GPLv2 license.
- The software has been downloaded over 500,000 times.
For this research, we focused on identifying contract management software which meets two criteria: it's open source, and it's free for commercial use. In order to successfully meet the research criteria, we consulted several pre-compiled lists that feature top contract management software, and looked into whether the software has an open source, free for use version, and identified the top options as those with the most downloads.