Top Health Companies: New Jersey
Here is a list of 20 health companies in New Jersey. Information on each company includes its location, the health service it provides, the number of employees, revenue (if available), and the best contact most likely to deal with innovation at the company.
1. Legend Bio-Tech, Piscataway, New Jersey
- Legend Biotech is a global biopharmaceutical company that develops innovations in cell therapy
- Number of Employees: 101-250
- Revenue: Est. $17.7 million
- Suggested contact: Dr Frank Fan, Chief Scientific Officer
2. GlaxoSmithKline, Middlesex, New Jersey
- GSK is a science-led healthcare company. "Our approach to Pharmaceutical Research and Development (R&D) focuses on science related to the immune system [and] the use of human genetics and advanced technologies...."
- Revenue: $43.1 Billion (2019)
- Number of Employees: 10,001+
- Suggested contact: Dr Hal Barron, Chief Scientific Officer and President, R&D
3. Cole Medical, Wyckoff, New Jersey
- Cole Medical supplies medical and surgical supplies and capital equipment. Its "primary specialty is in anesthesia and pain management billing," but it also "provides services to OB/GYN, Orthopedic, Neurology, Internal Medicine, and Physical Therapy" practices.
- Revenue: private company
- Number of Employees: 11-50
- Suggested contact: Shawn Cole, President and CEO
4. Sonnet BioTherapeutics, Princeton, New Jersey
- Sonnet BioTherapeutics is a biotechnology company that develops "targeted biologic drugs with single or bispecific mechanism[s] of action". The company uses its "proprietary FHAB™ (Fully Human Albumin Binding) technology" to develop treatments for cancer.
- Revenue: $30,143,000 for 2019
- Number of Employees: 1-10
- Suggested contact: Dr. John Cini, Chief Scientific Officer and a co-founder of Sonnet BioTherapeutics.
5. Vuja De Sciences, Hoboken, New Jersey
- Vuja De Sciences develops "cancer metastasis treatments that prevent cancer progression and recurrence."
- The company does not list its number of employees, nor was the number listed on Crunchbase, Dun&Bradstreet, Cage Report, or any of the other published listings to which access was available.
- Revenue: private company
- Suggested contact: Robert E. Hurst, PhD Co-Founder, Chief Scientific Officer, Director.
6. Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey "is the state’s first and only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center."
- Revenue: private company
- Number of employees: 501-1000
- website: www.cinj.org
- Suggested contact: Howard Hochster, MD, Associate Director for Clinical Research, Rutgers Cancer Institute and Director, Clinical Oncology Research, RWJBarnabas Health
7. Ocean Medical Center, Brick, New Jersey
- Ocean Medical Center is a health care company that is part of the Hackensack Meridian Health Network.
- Total Patient Revenue: $1,824,626,536
- Number of employees: 1001-5000
- Website: www.oceanmedicalcenter.com
- Suggested contact: David S. Perlin, Senior Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer, Hackensack Meridian Health Network.
8. Acenda Integrated Health, Glassboro, New Jersey
- Acenda Integrated Health provides mental health counseling, crisis services, parenting support, family-focused therapy, residential programming, and reproductive health services.
- In 2018, Acenda Integrated Health had $27.4 million in revenue and $26.2 million in expenses.
- Number of employees: 808
- Website: acendahealth.com
- Suggested contact: Dr. Anthony DiFabio, President and CEO
9. Celularity, Warren, New Jersey
- "Celularity is a clinical-stage cell therapeutics company delivering transformative allogeneic cellular therapies."
- Revenue: Est. $22.5M per year.
- Number of Employees: 101-250
- Suggested contact: Xiaokui Zhang, PHD, Executive VP, Chief Scientific Officer.
10. PTC Therapeutics, South Plainfield, New Jersey
- PTC Therapeutics is "a biopharmaceutical company that engages in the discovery, development and commercialization of small-molecule drugs." "...[W]e dedicate ourselves to using groundbreaking science as we research rare diseases...."
- Number of employees: 761
- Website: PTCbio.com
- Suggested contact: Mark J. Pykett, VMD, Ph.D, Chief Scientific Officer.
11. Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation, Plainsboro, New Jersey
- Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation is a medical technology company focused "on the development, manufacturing, and marketing of surgical implants and medical instruments...for orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, and reconstructive and general surgery."
- Revenue: $395M for fiscal 2019
- Number of employees: 3,700
- Website: integralife.com
- Suggested contact: Kenneth Burhop, Corporate Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer
12. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Raritan, New Jersey
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics "is an in vitro diagnostics company that makes products and diagnostic equipment for blood testing."
- Revenue: $1.8 billion (2018)
- Number of employees: 5,400
- Website: orthoclinicaldiagnostics.com
- Suggested contact: Chockalingam ‘Palani’ Palaniappan, Ph.D, Chief Innovation Officer.
13. Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, New Jersey
- Hackensack University Medical Center "is a 770-bed non-profit, research and teaching hospital ... providing tertiary and healthcare needs for northern New Jersey...."
- Total Patient Revenue: $5,585,188,326
- Number of employees: 8,000
- Website: www.hackensackumc.org
- Suggested contact: Peter Gross, MD. ACO Chairman.
14. St Joseph's University Medical Center, Paterson, New Jersey
- St. Joseph's Healthcare System, operated by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth, is a nonprofit "tertiary medical center and major academic institution...." The University Medical Center is just one of the system's locations.
- Total Patient Revenue: $3,914,808,970
- Number of employees: 12,231 in St Joseph's Healthcare System. The number of employees at the University Medical Center could not be determined.
- Website: stjosephshealth.org
- Suggested contact: President & CEO- Kevin Slavin
15. Cooper University Hospital, Camden, New Jersey
- "Cooper University Hospital is a teaching hospital and biomedical research facility...."
- Total Patient Revenue: $4,353,407,000
- Number of employees: 5,731
- Website: cooperhealth.org
- Suggested contact: Kevin C. O'Leary, Senior Vice President, Strategic Planning and Business Development.
16. Capital Health Regional Medical Center, Trenton, New Jersey
- Capital Health consists of Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell, and Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton, N.J.
- Total Patient Revenue: $3,231,248,737
- Number of employees: 3,300
- Website: www.capitalhealth.org
- Suggested contact: Medical Director, Eric Schwartz, MD.
17. Cantel Medical Corporation, Little Falls, New Jersey
- Cantel Medical Corporation is a global company that produces and sells medical equipment, develops pharmaceuticals, and provides "infection prevention and control products and services for patients, caregivers, and other healthcare providers."
- Revenue: 2019 $918 million
- Number of employees: 2,300
- Website: cantelmedical.com
- Suggested contact: Mike Spicer, President, Medical Business Segment
18. Shore Medical Center, Somers Point, New Jersey
- "Shore Medical Center, formerly Shore Memorial Hospital, is a full-service acute care community hospital" that serves Atlantic and Cape May counties.
- Total Patient Revenue: $1,018,196,808
- Number of employees: 1,500
- Website: shoremedicalcenter.org
- Suggested contact: Ronald Johnson, President
19. BioReference Laboratories, Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- BioReference Laboratories provides laboratory testing and clinical diagnostic services to physicians, hospitals, and clinics.
- Revenue: $750 Million
- Number of employees: 5,000
- Website bioreference.com
- Suggested contact: James Weisberger, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.S.C.P., Chief Medical Officer, Executive Vice President, Laboratory Director
20. Quest Diagnostics, Secaucus, New Jersey
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. is a clinical laboratory founded in 1967 as Metropolitan Pathology Laboratory, Inc. Quest Diagnostics is "the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services, ranging "from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing."
- Revenue: $1.839 billion
- Number of employees: 43,000
- Website: questdiagnostics.com
- Suggested contact: Jay G. Wohlgemuth, M.D., Senior Vice President, R&D, Medical and Chief Medical Officer for Quest Diagnostics. "Based at Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute, in San Juan Capistrano, California, Dr. Wohlgemuth is responsible for Research & Development, Medical Affairs, and Medical/Lab Quality."