Who are the top 20 energy research institutes, independent and affiliated with a university, in the world, as measured by either patents filed / funding / industrial spinouts?
Hello! Thanks for your question about the top 20 energy research institutes, independent and affiliated with a university, in the world, as measured by either patent filed / funding / industrial spinouts. The short version is that I have compiled the required information in the attached Google Spreadsheet. Below you will find a deep dive of my findings.
I began by reviewing the previous Wonder response to your request to identify the gaps in the scope of work. Next, I searched for the top energy institute based on your stated requirement. I ensured I expanded my research to cover other focus areas such as oil and gas and coal. To
I have excluded the list of information you already have.
To come up with a broader list, I used the "Top 25 Global Innovators", "Top Energy Centres in Europe and USA" and Shanghairanking among others. These institutes are:
1. Oxford Institute of Energy Studies, UK
2. Institute of Energy Economics, Japan
3. Baker Institute Center for Energy Studies (CES)
4. National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science & Technology. Japan
5. Energy Science Institute at Yale University
6. Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) Australia
7. Center for Advanced Energy Studies (CAES)
8. Texas A&M Energy Institute
9. French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA).
10. Center for Renewable Energy Systems Technology (CREST)
11. Strategic Energy Institute, Georgia Tech.
In the attached spreadsheet, I have compiled the following information for each of the listed institutes: Name of Institute; Description; Address; Website; Name of Director; and Source of Information.
Thanks for using Wonder! Please let us know if we can help with anything else!