What are the top 10 apparel & fashion e-tailers in Asia?
Hello! Thank you for your request submitted to Wonder for a list of the top 10 apparel and fashion e-tailers in Asia. The most useful sources I found to answer your question are Just-Style and retailer websites. The short version is that the top 10 apparel and fashion e-tailers in Asia include Heilan Home, Jack & Jones, Uniqlo, E-Land, La Chapelle, Adidas, Vero Moda, Only, Metersbonwe, and Nike. Below you will find a deep dive of my findings.
Since there was no pre-compiled list consolidating the top apparel and fashion brands in Asia, we started our research by discerning the top apparel e-tailers by country and region. We were able to find the "top 5 apparel markets 2012" for Asia. In descending order, they are China, Japan, India, South Korea and Indonesia. Then, we searched for pre-compiled lists of the top brands for each country.
Having found lists for all four countries of China, Japan, India, and South Korea, it was simply a matter of aggregating the data together to compile the list of the top 10 brands in Asia. Due to sheer volume, the top 10 Chinese fashion and apparel brands out-sold the top 10 brands in all of Asia. No brands from the other 4 countries came close.
As per your instructions, we only included brands that sold products online. However, most sell through brick and mortar stores as well. All annual sales data is from 2014, which is the most current data we could find to compare companies. Unfortunately, we were unable to uncover any past or projected growth rates:
1. Heilan Home - manufacturer located in Jiangyin, Jiangsu, China - Annual Sales $2.67B - Contact: Telephone # 0510-86700300, e-mail address unavailable.
The company describes itself as "a large clothing enterprise with diversified business covering the operation of branded garments and the manufacturing and sales of upscale worsted fabrics, fancy suits and business wears."
2. Jack & Jones - wholly owned brand of Bestseller A/S located in Brande, Jutland, Denmark - Annual Sales $2.14B - U.S. contact information: 530 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1001, New York, NY 10018, Phone: (212) 395-9221, Fax: (212) 395-9223, email@example.com.
The brand focuses on jeans and self-describes itself as "one of Europe’s leading producers of menswear with more than one thousand stores in 38 countries."
3. Uniqlo - wholly owned subsidiary of Fast Retailing Co., Ltd, based in Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan - Annual Sales $1.87B - Contact information: 855-486-4756, WeCare@Mail.Uniqlo-usa.com.
The brand describes itself as "Apparel that comes from our Japanese values of simplicity, quality and longevity. Designed to be of the time and for the time. Made with such modern elegance that it becomes the building blocks of your style."
4. E-land - Fashion Conglomerate located in Seoul, South Korea - Annual Sales $1.6B - U.S. Contact: 212-868-5933, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The company states it is "ranked as the Korea’s No. 1 largest fashion company by revenues for two consecutive years. The Group’s fashion business specializes in casual wear, women's and children's apparel, and to a lesser extent, accessories, innerwear and footwear. "
5. La Chapelle - Privately-owned fashion company located in the Xuhui District, Shanghai, China - Annual Sales $1.6B - Contact: Phone # 021-61955100, email email@example.com.
The company self-describes as a "fast-growing multi-brand fashion group in the PRC that designs, markets and sells apparel products with a focus on mass-market ladies’ casualwear. "
6. Adidas - German manufacturer located in Herzogenaurach, Germany - Annual Sales $1.32B - Contact: Phone number +49 (0) 9132 84-0, no e-mail available.
Adidas manufactures a wide variety of men's and women's apparel, shoes, and accessories.
7. Vero Moda - wholly owned brand of Bestseller A/S located in Brande, Jutland, Denmark - Annual Sales $1.32B - U.S. contact information: 530 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1001, New York, NY 10018, Phone: (212) 395-9221, Fax: (212) 395-9223, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vero Moda describes itself as "the brand of choice for fashion-conscious, independent young women who want to dress well and look good, while having fun in a trustworthy fashion-oriented context... [offering] high quality, affordable and inspiring clothing, synonymous with contemporary fashion and design; pleasantly surprising customers when they turn the hang-tag."
8. Only - another wholly owned brand of Bestseller A/S located in Brande, Jutland, Denmark - Annual Sales $1.32B - U.S. contact information: 530 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1001, New York, NY 10018, Phone: (212) 395-9221, Fax: (212) 395-9223, email@example.com.
Only is a female-only fashion brand featuring tops, bottoms, shoes, and accessories.
9. Metersbonwe - Private casual apparel company located in Shanghai, China - Annual Sales $1.32B - Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, we were unable to find much helpful information about this company as its entire official website is in Chinese and they did not have an English version.
10. Nike - United States apparel and accessory company located in Washington County, Oregon, United States - Annual Sales $1.07B - Contact information: 800-806-6453.
Nike is a full-spectrum athletic brand featuring footwear, clothing, and accessories for men, women, and children.
To wrap it up, the above list represents the 10 top apparel and fashion e-tailers in Asia by annual revenue. The reader will note that we did independently verify that all of the brands on the list do sell online by doing a targeted search of their websites. All of the annual revenue amounts correspond to sales in the country of China in 2014, the latest data we could find.
Thank you for using Wonder! Please let us know if we can help with anything else.