At-home Toilet Paper Market Size: UK
The tissue and hygiene paper market amounted to $5.46 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow annually by 1.1% CAGR between 2020 and 2023. There is no information publically about the market size of the at-home segment of the market specifically.
- On average, a Brit uses about 11.4 kilograms of toilet paper annually, roughly amounting to about 127 rolls.
- The Household Paper Products report by Mintel found that Brits spent £1.1 million on toilet paper in 2018 alone.
- The top three toilet paper brands ranked by the number of users in Great Britain in the United Kingdom are Andrex, Tesco, and Cushelle/Charmin.
- As of 2018, UK manufacturers sold approximately £1.15 billion worth of toilet paper.
Tissue And Hygiene Paper
- In the United Kingdom, the tissue and hygiene paper market amounted to $5.46 billion in 2020.
- The market is expected to grow annually by 1.1% CAGR between 2020 and 2023.
- Toilet paper has a market volume of $1.84 billion in 2020.
- In terms of total population figures, "per person revenues of $80.48 are generated in 2020."
We started the research by browsing through trusted market research websites such as Statista, Pew Research, IBIS World, and MarketWatch. These sources were successful in providing insights such as the revenue from toilet paper sales, the amount of money an average Brit spends on toilet paper annually, and the top toilet paper brands with the most amount of users. Apart from industry market research reports, we also scoured news articles for this information from websites such as Wired. However, the information regarding the at-home toilet paper market size in the UK specifically is unavailable. We were, however, able to locate information about the tissue and hygiene paper market in the United Kingdom. We attempted a triangulation using precompiled information. First, we identified the largest toilet paper brands in the UK. We were hoping that by exploring their financial statements, we were able to paint a picture of the market. Unfortunately, we found little success from this strategy. The reason for this is because the reports do not isolate at-home toilet paper with household papers and toilet paper in general. The tissue and hygiene paper market is divided into six segments: toilet paper, paper tissues, household paper, feminine hygiene, diapers, and incontinence. While we were able to get the figures for the market size and revenue for the tissue and hygiene paper industry as a whole, information regarding at-home toilet paper are either publically unavailable and/or behind a paywall.