Tivity Health - Overview 1
Tivity Health is a health and fitness company that provides weight management products such as the Nutrisystem and South Beach diet meal lines. Its competitors include Trifecta, the Daily Harvest, the Sun Basket, Freshly, and Chef'd
The following are the derived key competitors of Tivity Health for its South Beach and Nutrisystem diet offerings:
- Trifecta offers five types of meal menus that incorporate the dietary needs of "the environmentally conscious, the sustainability focused-vegan, Paleo followers, the vegetarians, and the clean eaters."
- The company uses organic products that support sustainability. The company also stated that its food is "gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and non-GMO."
2. Daily Harvest
- The Daily Harvest provides healthy meal sets that can be customized to fulfill any diet constraints.
- Some of the type of diets that the company can provide are the following: "vegan, gluten-free, and ketogenic."
3. The Sun Basket
- Sun Basket offers meal plans that contains healthy and organic ingredients.
- It supports "vegetarian, gluten-free, and Paleo diets." They also provide options to those customers who wanted to combine various types of dietary requirements.
- Freshly provides meal selections that can be customized to fit various diet preferences such as the following: "high protein, low carbohydrates, low calories, vegetarian, Paleo-friendly," and other healthy preferences.
- Chef'd offers various recipes that can satisfy the requirements of customers who wanted to follow their "healthy, gluten-free, and Paleo" diet plans.
- The diet plans got the stamp of approval from the Tone It Up nutrition group.
- For its diet product line such as Nutrisystem and South Beach, Dawn Zier is the president and Chief Executive Officer of Tivity Health's diet product line.
- The CFO for this division is Mike Monahan.
- The diet product line includes Nutrisystem and South Beach.
"Tivity Health Completes Acquisition of Nutrisystem"
1. Tivity Health finished the processes required to completely acquiring the Nutrisystem, Inc. company. Nutrisystem is a major player in the weight management products sector. The deal was worth around $1.3 billion.
2. Nutrisystem made an announcement that its "Nutrisystem Success Story" will be featured in a leading celebrity magazine. The magazine will feature Liza Annunziata, a Nutrisystem consumer who was able to lose several pounds.
"Tivity Health set to redefine fitness market with Nutrisystem acquisition"
3. Tivity Health aims to carve its footprint in the sector by acquiring Nutrisystem, its first foray into the packaged diet food industry.
"South Beach Diet Ambassador and Social Influencer Jessie James Decker Loses 25 Lbs. After Giving Birth to Baby No. 3"
1. Decker, a South Beach diet ambassador has announced that she was able to lose 25 pounds as a result of the diet. She has recently delivered her third baby.
"South Beach Diet Keto-Friendly Program"
2. The South Beach diet section of the Nutrisystem product line declared the deployment of a new South Beach Diet Keto-Friendly plan.
"South Beach Diet® Celebrates 15 Years as a Leader of High-Protein, Low-Sugar, Low-Carb Movement"
3. The South Beach diet line announced that it is commemorating its 15 years of being a major player in the "high-protein, low-sugar, and low-carb" diet sector.
We started our research by looking for directly available lists of the key competitors of Tivity Health's Nutrisystem and South Beach product line. We looked for this information in food and health related sites such as Food Network Magazine, Everyday Food, the Clean Eating Magazine, and other similar sources; business publications such as Forbes, Reuters, Business Insider, and other relevant sources. Based on this search approach, we were not able to find directly available lists of the key competitors of the healthy eating product line of Tivity Health. What we found are scattered pieces of information about the various meal offering from several businesses.
We then checked for businesses under the same sector as Tivity's Nutrisystem and South Beach lines in business directories such as Hoover, Craft, Owler, and other similar sources. We hoped to find a list of companies that we could check to determine if they offer the same products. Based on this approach, we were able to obtain a list of companies that provide prepared diet meals like the offerings of Nutrisystem and South Beach. However, there were no solid metrics available to prove that the companies found are the key competitors.
We also looked for industry surveys or interviews involving diet-related meal preparation offerings. We looked for this information in typical survey sites such as Pew Research, Gallup, and others; consultation sites such as EY, PWC and other similar sources. Based on this strategy, we were not able to find relevant information that can help us in putting some metrics into what made the companies we found as key competitors. What we found are some general information about the diet industry.
Given the lack of solid information to gauge if the competitors we found were the key ones, we have selected those that mentioned their healthy offerings and how they can meet certain dietary requirements. We have presented our findings in the section above.