TikTok is a short-form mobile video social media platform that is used to create passionate, creative communities online. As of 2018, the app had over 80 million downloads in the United States, with over 40 million active users.
- TikTok is a social media platform that is designed for short-form mobile videos.
- The company's mission is "to capture and present the world's creativity, knowledge, and moments that matter in everyday life."
- The platform encourages users to share creativity and passion through video format to create a community.
- Available for iOS and Android, TikTok was one of the most downloaded apps in 2018.
- While TikTok is one of the most downloaded apps of 2018, the app registers only 29% engagement compared to upwards of 95% engagement on other top apps such as
- In 2019, the total estimated market size of social media platforms in the United States was valued at $40 billion USD.
- TikTok had an estimated $75 million in total revenue from the same year, with 55% coming from the United States amounting to an estimated $41.3 million.
- After calculating the percentage of TikToks revenue compared to the total market size (41.3 million/40 billion) we determined that TikTok accounts for 0.1% of the total United States social media market.
- As of June 2019, TikTok on Android has had over 500 million downloads worldwide, with 33 million from June alone.
- India is the most popular country that the Android app is downloaded in.
- In June 2019, TiKTok on iOS had 4 million Downloads.
- The United States is the most popular country that the iOS app is downloaded in.
- As of June 2018, TikTok had 500 million monthly active users globally.
- As of October 2018, there were a total of 80 million downloads of the app in the United States with 40 million active users.
- TikTok accounted for 42% of the App Store's top-ranking apps downloads in October 2018.