TikTok Statistics UK
The number of TikTok users in the UK as of December 2019 was 4.9 million. The UK ranked the third-largest TikTok market in terms of revenue and second-biggest in terms of downloads for iOS.
Active TikTok Users in the UK
- As of December 2019, the number of TikTok users in the UK was 4.9 million, according to eMarketer.
- The current (as of 2020) number of TikTok users in the UK is 8.1 million.
- The number of active TikTok users in the UK is expected to 10.1 million, 10.8 million, and 11.1 million by 2021, 2022, and 2023 respectively.
- TikTok was the second most download app in the UK as of 2019.
- The number of TikTok users in the UK grew by 205.3% in 2019.
- The number of TikTok users in the UK will grow by 67.0% in 2020.
- According to eMarketer analysis, growth of TikTok users in the UK will decline from 2021 to 2023 as follows:
- In 2019, 8.7% of UK smartphone users used TikTok, and there were about 50.31 million smartphone users.
- 20.2% of social network users in the UK will use TikTok in 2020.
Global Ranking and UK's Position (Top 20 Countries)
- The top ten countries based on TikTok downloads for iOS as of December 2019 are US, UK, Canada, Russia, Australia, Italy, India, Saudi Arabia, France, and Germany.
- The UK ranked second in the top global TikTok iOS download by country with 990,420 downloads, as of December 2019.
- According to a 2019 report by Statista, UK did not rank among the top ten countries that downloaded the TikTok app from the Google Play store. The top ten countries were India, Brazil, Russia, Mexico, the US, Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Italy.
- The top 15 countries in terms of TikTok app downloads for Android and iOS include India, the US, Turkey, Russia, Mexico, Brazil, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, France, Germany, Egypt, Italy, UK, Spain, and Poland.
- According to a report by Priori Data and Statista, UK ranked thirteenth in the global ranking of the TikTok app for Android and iOS downloads in 2018, with 6.7 million downloads.
- In terms of revenue, UK is the third biggest market for TikTok, accounting for about 2% ($2.4 million) of TikTok's revenue generated through iOS users in 2019.
- The top three TikTok markets in terms of revenue are China, US, and UK.
- According to SimilarWeb, UK ranked the top sixth country in terms of web traffic and accounted for 3.25% of TikTok's web traffic from December 2019 to February 2020.
Other Helpful Statistics
- Other statistics on TikTok usage in the UK is presented in the attached Google document.
After an extensive and thorough search through multiple, credible sources like industry report, media articles and white papers by eMarketer, Priori Data, Statista, Adweek, Business of Apps and SimilarWeb, information on the top 20 countries based on the number of TikTok users could not be located on the public domain, the report that possibly has the information requires a paid subscription to access.
However, we have provided information on the top countries based on the number of downloads for iOS and Android, as well as in terms of revenue as publicly available.