Tik Tok User Psychographics
Tik Tok users are more likely to use other social media platforms, consider Tik Tok as a well-liked app, use desktop or mobile web to access it, spend in-app, and be creative.
GENERAL PSYCHOGRAPHIC INFORMATION ABOUT TIK TOK USERS IN GREECE
- The Greek language is available for use in Greece on the Tik Tok app, which allows for ease of use, especially as an app that offers in-app purchases.
- There are several posts made with #greece, which implies that there are some users (maybe active) in Greece, some of which can also be seen on YouTube, which is also likely to have followers.
- In Greece, Tik Tok is now ranked, as of this writing, as the 18th most popular app being used according to web traffic.
- Users seem to be interested in sports, vacations, swimming, parties, and more based on their posts.
MORE LIKELY TO USE OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- Tik Tok users also engage in the use of social media platforms besides Tik Tok, with 32.8% of them using Facebook, Status Saver, Plato, and a few others.
- Around 10.1% of them also like tools apps, 9.2% like video players and editors, and 9.9% like/play arcade games.
- Tik Tok has a 29% engagement rate, which is measured by Apptopia "as being the portion of monthly users who open an app every day."
- This figure suggests that almost two-thirds of Tik Tok's monthly users actually use the app on a daily basis.
- This was a global figure (29%) with no geographical breakdown, suggesting that the engagement rate in many countries (which may include Greece) would be similar, meaning that other social media platforms such as Facebook experience higher engagement rates worldwide.
CONSIDERS TIK TOK A WELL-LIKED APP
- Globally, Tik Tok users enjoy listening to or watching videos, dubbing, and sounds/music regularly.
- Tik Tok seems to be well liked because users have given the app a 4.8 overall rating on the Apple Store, meaning it has been keeping users/ customers satisfied.
- Since July 2019, there has been a 13.33% increase in the number of total visits to Tik Tok's website, amounting to 66.48 million. Therefore, it has more new users or users are visiting more often.
- On Tik Tok a variety of #greece videos are posted about sports, vacations, swimming, parties, and more.
- There are more that 860.6 million videos with #greece on TiktokGram, which suggests that these are done by active users in Greece and/or persons who like to post about Greece.
- Although Greece was not listed as a top country in terms of web traffic, from a global perspective and with the number of #greece videos, it seems that Tik Tok users from Greece also enjoy listening or watching videos/music or dub.
MORE LIKELY TO USE DESKTOP/ MOBILE WEB TO ACCESS TIK TOK
- Between February and July 2019, the number of visits using a desktop or mobile web increased from 41.3 million to 66.5 million as it is easily accessible to users.
- The United States experienced the most traffic at 21.71%, which was an increase of 23.37%, suggesting that the number of users increased or those visited Tik Tok did so more often.
- Out of those who utilized a desktop to access TikTok, 37.29% went directly to the site, 31.64% searched for it, 28.95% used social media to access it, and 1.81% came from referrals. So people who tend to use or access Tik Tok by desktop are seemingly active internet users.
- For those who accessed it via social media, 61.51% used Facebook, 11.72% used YouTube, 9.39% used Twitter, 8.79% used VKontakte, and 3.73% used Pintrest, meaning Tik Tok users tend to be mostly Facebook users as well.
- Out of Tik Tok's engaged users, 63% of them liked a video in July 2019 and 54% commented on videos posted by others.
- Its website has witnessed about 1 million video views daily since January 2019.
- Again, with no geographical breakdown, the daily website views imply that Greek users (and all other Tik Tok countries) of Tik Tok are also accounted for and that some engaged Greek users also like to both comment on and like videos posted by others using a desktop or mobile device.
MORE LIKELY TO SPEND IN-APP
- There was a 275% increase in in-app purchasing from users between October 2017 through October 2018, which amounted to $3.5 billion. This rise is a sign of its ease of access and convenience for shopping.
- Users bought emojis as well as digital gifts that were shared with others in live stream with little effort.
- Up to August 2019, users made purchases on Tik Tok, amounting to $50 million, which indicates their level of engagement with the app and how much it pleases them.
- It is a possibility that some in-app purchases were also done by users in Greece, who may have contributed to the $50 million in spending.
MORE LIKELY TO SPARK INTEREST AND CREATIVITY IN USERS
- Nurses and military personnel are creating groups on Tik Tok and also sharing videos.
- Tik Tok was the most downloaded app in the first six months of 2018 and has 500 million active users globally.
- Tik Tok Users in Greece are certainly a part of the 500 million active users who are also interested in using the app, especially considering the posts made with #greece.
We leveraged numerous existing sources to provide Tik Tok user psychographics, including Hashtagify, SimilarWeb, Tik Tok, Influencer Marketing Hub, EMarketer, and more. However, as stated in the strategy document and as was found in this research, the information on Greek users is rather limited. Therefore, the psychographic analysis was for global Tik Tok users with highlights of data specific to users in Greece as per the research criteria. A Greek profile could not be ascertained for Tik Tok due to the limited information.
In an effort to gain more perspective about the Greek users, a few inferences were made where possible, to provide a synthesized estimate of that specific population.