Salty Snacks - Additional Companies
Additional companies that are competing in the protein snacks market are Bada Bean Bada Boom, Brami Inc, Lebby Snacks, and The Happy Snack Company. A description of the products they offer, where they are based as well as how they compete with Three Farmers are in the findings below.
BADA BEAN BADA BOOM
- The company sells protein-packed, plant-based snacks such as roasted and seasoned broad beans, in a variety of flavors and packaging.
- The company is owned by Beyond Better Food and is based in New York.
- Customers can order Bada Beans directly from their website, Amazon, as well as in stores like Whole Foods, GNC, CVS, and more.
- The company is competing with Three Farmers as they both sell plant-based protein-snacks while it has a much better presence with its high customer ratings on Amazon.
- The company sells ready-to-eat lupini beans snacks, in a variety of flavors.
- The company is founded in 2016 and it is based in New York.
- Customers can order their products directly from their website and Amazon.
- They are considered as a competitor with Three Farmers as they both sell hi plant protein snacks and Brami promotes that their products have 60% fewer carbs than chickpeas, which is a Three Farmer key ingredient, 50% more protein than eggs, 100% more fiber than edamame, and 80% fewer calories than almonds.
- The company sells non-GMO, vegan, and gluten-free roasted chickpea snacks in a variety of flavors and packaging. It offers a variety of sweet flavors such as chocolate, mocha, and sesame honey to satisfy customers with dessert cravings.
- The company is based in New York.
- Customers can order their products directly from their website, Amazon and local stores.
- They are competing with Three Farmers as they both selling all-natural roasted chickpea snacks, and Lebby Snacks stands out by offering a soft and chewy version of the snack, as well as sweet flavors to target a whole new market.
THE HAPPY SNACK COMPANY
- The company sells 5-star health rating roasted chickpeas and broad beans which are high in protein and low in fat.
- The company is based in Australia and has been around for over 20 years.
- Customers can order their products directly from their website, Amazon, and selected retailers.
- They are competing with Three Farmers as besides having more flavors added to their snacks, they also offered kids friendly convenient packs to attract a bigger market.
To identify additional companies that compete in the protein snacks market, the research team searched through e-commerce market spaces, like Amazon, to identify similar products that were popular amongst customers who viewed or purchased products by Three Farmers. This strategy allowed us to identify a few competitors selling similar products that had good customer reviews.
We then followed a similar strategy by searching the company's store within Amazon to identify what other brands customers would go to for similar products.
After identifying the competitors, the research team finally searched through each company's website, industry news sites as well as company databases such as Owler and Crunchbase, to get further information about the company, such as where they are based, what they are selling and how they compete with Three Farmers.