Texas Banks (2)
The information on the assigned Texas banks has been included in rows 31-59 of the attached spreadsheet.
- First State Bank Central Texas was rebranded as a branch of BancorpSouth.
- Frontier Bank of Texas has the lowest estimated annual revenue — $23,500,000.
- Frost Bank and Compass Bank are the only two institutions that have over one billion in revenue.
- Comerica Bank, Compass Bank, First Command Bank, First State Bank Central Texas, and Frost Bank have more than 1,000 employees.
- Banks with the employee count below 30 are Frontier Bank of Texas, Gilmer National Bank, First State Bank, First State Bank of Burnet.
We started looking for each bank's revenue and employee count by searching through its website, focusing on annual reports, investor presentations, and 10-K filings. However, most banks on the list don't disclose their financial information.
Then, we checked the banks' profiles on Craft. If that didn't produce any results, we looked at the information included in different databases: ZoomInfo, Crunchbase, Bankrate, and Bloomberg. We found the estimations for most companies. However, in some cases, there were no results (which was noted in the spreadsheet with "N/A" in the appropriate cells). ZoomInfo provides quarterly revenue information. Therefore, when using it, we summed up figures for all four quarters. Also, there were a few banks (Commercial Bank of Texas, Compass Bank, and Frost Bank) for which the annual report was available but didn't include a total revenue figure. In those cases, we summed up the total interest income and total non-interest income to come up with a reliable estimation.
There are several banks that don't have Twitter accounts. We verified it by checking social media handles on their websites, searching the Twitter platform, and looking at their employees' tweets about the bank (which didn't include a tag).