City Creek Center Competitive Landscape
City Creek Center has received a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor for consistently earning great reviews from travelers. It targets and fashion shoppers and diners from the locality as well as those from over 50 miles away, attracting them with its offering of a one-of-a-kind indoor/outdoor shopping and dining experience.
- City Creek Center has a 4.5 rating on TripAdvisor from 630 reviews. Its reviews are generally positive; the shopping mall has received a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor for consistently earning great reviews from travelers.
- On Yelp, City Creek Center has a 4-star rating from 231 reviews, while it has an overall rating of 4.3 from 4,673 opinions on Facebook with recommendations from 1,821 people.
- Housing luxury retailers, unique-to-market stores, and trusted brands, as well as a wide variety of restaurants, it targets and attracts fashion shoppers and diners from the locality.
- Target audience groups include kids, teens, ladies, and gentlemen, basically everyone in an average family.
- Asian, Italian and Mexican tourists are also some of the core audience groups targeted by the City Creek Center.
- It also targets visitors that are over 50 miles away from the shopping center through its Passport to Shopping program, which comes with discounts and special offers from over 60 retailers and restaurants within the shopping center.
- Apart from its obvious offering of luxury retailers, unique-to-market stores, and trusted brands such as Michael Kors, Coach, Tiffany & Co., and Salomon as well as dining options such as Brio Tuscan Grille and a food court, City Creek Center offers a one-of-a-kind indoor/outdoor shopping and dining experience.
- It has a fully retractable glass roof that opens and closes, unlike any shopping center in the US. It also has a pedestrian sky bridge with an observation room, as well as water features, including a creek that flows through the center, with live fish and waterfalls.
- City Creek Center has a children's indoor Play Area, WiFi, underground weather-protected parking, and unique gathering spaces for shoppers.
- It hosts events, including the America First Credit Union Fire Fountain Shows, as well as free fitness classes, weekly, from May to September, through its outdoor summer fitness series. It also hosts a Fall Fashion Show every September.
- Kids can assist in feeding the fish in the creek every Saturday from 10:00 am to 10:10 am.
- Its interactive Engage fountain attracts kids who love to chase the fountain's wet animations. Also, the Transcend fountain, which has magical fire accents at night, offers choreographed fountain shows with music.
Online/Digital Marketing Tactics Within the Last Two Years
- City Creek Center posts regularly on its Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages. Its social media posts appear to focus on promoting its events such as the Fall Fashion Show as well as offerings and discounts from the various retailers and restaurants in the shopping center.
- It uses many pictures showing visitors enjoying the experience, including children having fun at the fountains, shoppers, those taking fitness and yoga classes, and diners in the beautiful environment.
- Its website includes a Sales & Offers page where it provides information about discounts, all its sales & offers.